Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Had a visit from Spring Chicken

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
and Mrs. Spring Chicken. No doubt some of the finest people you'd ever wanna meet. Leroy, I really enjoyed the vist, stop by anytime.
btw.....also met his stuffed pet "Spring Chicken" that sings.......LOL.....that was too cute.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    So that rascal has been out roaming the countryside, huh? I wondered where he'd been lately.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    342%3C86%3A%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3DXROQDF%3E2323788%3A845%3A9ot1lsi
    <p />Chef Wil,
    Well, the secret is out. Our famous "Chef Wil" is real and he knows how to cook. Here's the two of us at his restaurant in front of some of his awards.[p]Spring Hen and I had a delightful visit with Chef Wil and his wife, Tisa, at their restaurant in Lafayette, Louisiana today on our way back to Spring Texas USA from New Orleans. From the moment we got there he and Tisa and his entire staff made every effort to make us feel right at home. More than that, they made us feel like family. He insisted that we hang around for lunch. WOW!!! The man knows what he's doing when it comes to food. That was obvious from all the awards he's received, and when I tasted each item on my plate, I understood completely why he is a "Chef" and I'm just a "cook." Everything was fantastic. [p]I guess more than anything, my visit confirmed that he is a genuinely nice guy. Of course, we already knew that from all that he has generously shared among his Egghead friends. [p]If any of you are ever in the vacinity (within 500 miles) of Layafette, Louisiana, you will be doing yourself a favor to stop and say Hi to Wil and taste how food should be cooked.[p]I'm going to be hard pressed to come up with something to cook for him when he comes visiting us. (Maybe I should just play dumb and tell him I only know how to make ABT's and ask him show me a thing or two about cooking... ((Hee Hee I now have a plan))[p]Spring "Gained About Six Pounds Today" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Well, live and learn. We have a friend in Lafayette and we go there frequently. What's the name of your place, Will?[p]Howard B.

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to post his web site.[p]Spring Chicken

[ul][li]Evangeline Steakhouse & Seafood[/ul]
    1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Wow! I'm heading out now. I'm gonna be there for breakfast. That menu is great.[p]Me and she gonna have to go visit our friend real soon.
    Thanks,
    Howard B.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hey Leroy. That is really cool. Just goes to show you the incredible power of this forum family. I bet that counter on the Evangeline website is higher than the current 1818 by tomorrow!![p]Thanks for the picture, and the post. Now, how I am I supposed to know that is really Will? Afterall, not too many chef's are that slim and trim. You got a picture of him in the kitchen? That cudda been taken anywhere. I want proof. ;-))[p]Amazing how this egg thing has brought so many together.
    Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    At last! A face to put with the name. But, I agree with Chris....how do we know you just didn't pull that good looking guy out of the bayou and slap a chef shirt on him? Guess he'll have to come to Austin so we can cross examine him.[p]Good job.[p]Mike

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Same thing I said too. For some reason I had this mental image of a really big, round (Santa-looking) guy in a starched cook's hat, so when Wil walked out my first thought was, "Who are you and what did you do to Wil? But that's him in person.[p]I have a feeling his customers won't let him leave town for any extended period of time so getting him to our Eggfests is going to be hard. I sure tried though.[p]You're absolutely right about this Forum. I already had a "family" connection to Wil through our mutual hobby but his and Tisa's hospitality went way beyond that. Now you know why I want to retire to an RV lifestyle that will permit me to visit every Egghead in the Land. I know I will be welcome wherever I go. [p]Spring Chicken[p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I'm jealous as hell![p]Meeting up with Wil at Evangeline's is high on our list..... the food from that region has to be some of the best in the country and it's obvious that Wil knows what he's doing.
    What was your favorite of Wil's samplings?[p]Green with envy in MD,
    John[p]
    [p][p][p][p]

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    We talked about y'all's latest idea, the transporter pan, and I came to the conclusion that you two really need to get together and talk ideas over a brew or two. Between the two of you, life just keeps getting better and better for the rest of us Eggheads.[p]Spring Chicken

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    i was expecting another overweight, follicly challenged sort of fellow, like me, and the chicken and CWM and others. ...didn't expect a guy that look an awful lot like the 'soup nazi' from seinfeld . . ...[p]i can see sitting down in his restaurant, saying the wrong thing, and having wil slam hi hand on the table and shout "NO SOUP FOR YOU. . .ONE YEAR!!!". . ..heeee

• WooDoggies
    Options
    FacingNorthEast.jpg
    <p />Spring Chicken,[p]You've got plenty of space to park your rv "down on the farm" in MD, Leroy mang..... anytime.[p]John[p][p]

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    I started with seafood gumbo. Fantastic! Not overly seasoned with any one flavor like some gumbo's are. Everything I tasted in it complimented the other flavors perfectly.[p]Spring Hen got the Crawfish Bisque and it was the same way. I'm not sure which I prefer. They were both wonderful.[p]I went with the broiled catfish. Perfect! I forget what Spring Hen got but I sampled it and it was, as expected, as good as anything you've ever eaten. Even the rice was fantastic, as were the fried sweet potatoes. Try his house dressing on the salad.[p]Finally, we were pressured into eating desert. I'm not even going to try to influence you there. It was great.[p]You've eaten in enough South Louisiana restaurants to know the fare, so be prepared to read a bit, ask questions and order what your tastebuds crave. It will be good, I guarantee it.[p]We're planning on making a special trip to take our neighbors one of these days. It's only 3 1/2 hours from here. Worth every mile of it. Maybe we can meet you in Beaumont and you ride on over with us. Think about it.[p]Spring Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Man... You let me park there you're either going to have to put me on the payroll or have me towed off the property. That's beautiful. You are certainly on the list of stops.[p]Spring Chicken

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Thanks for the invitation.... we love roadtrips.... especially when they involve good friends and good food, by golly.[p]John

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Oh, we'll make you earn your keep..... don't fret about that. LOL[p]John

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I think you're putting too much credit on the sawdust end.:)

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    here's the proof, wil really is the soup nazi!![p]soup_nazi.jpg

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    see the resemblance between me and stump? I wanna be stumps shadow when I grow up or grow out.........LOL