Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Making use of Richards care package

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited 5:46PM in EggHead Forum
Thank you Richard. :)

100_3450.jpg

I made a small batch of low sodium flavor brine using some of what Richard sent.

100_3453.jpg

So, Tonight is a pork chop night. :whistle:

100_3454.jpg

Into my foodsaver vacuum container.

100_3455.jpg

Now the juice.

100_3456.jpg

Let the foodsaver do it's work. Then in the fridge.

100_3457.jpg

Later. Out of the fridge with some more of Richards mystery mix and in the egg at 250F till 140F IT.

100_3458.jpg

100_3459.jpg

At 140F IT pulled.

100_3470.jpg

Raised the temp to 400F and sear for 1 min each side.

100_3473.jpg

It's all good now. Nice and juicy and love the mystery mix . :P

100_3474.jpg
·

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Tim: Chops look great!

How long in the FS container?
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thanks. They went about 2 hours in the FS. If you noticed I had them up high on the AR for the first part. ;)
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Love those pork chops! yummmmmy

I see new seasoning blends from Richard. Nice! :cheer:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,393
    Tim, I bet those chops tasted gooood! Nice meal.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Looks wonderful! I love that Magical Mystery Mix. Need to try it in a brine.
    ·
    Thanks nice tasty :P
    ·
    Thanks Miss Molly. :) They were cept I went on a diet so my BIL could have one. Oh well he's a great BIL. ;)
    ·
    Ohhhhh yeah! It's good. ;)
    ·
  • wkygrillerwkygriller Posts: 408
    Tim,
    Those chops look great ;). How often do you use the marinading attachment for the FS? Mine came with everything but the containers. Worth buying?
    ·
    Hey Richard, I have two marinade containers and use them fairly often when I brine or marinade. I use it for chicken pork and beef. Not every cook but, I do like using them to pull vacuum to make meats add moisture and flavor. You may or may not use it as much as I do. I asked Cindy tonight if she thought it makes that much of a difference with all this extra work. She said she liked it both ways ie buy the meat and cook it or buy the meat and add moisture and flavor then cook. I guess you need to see if you have a need and go from there. I like mine. ;)
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Got to love those care packages from Richard.

Those are some nice looking chops there Tim.

Kent
    ·
    Thanks Kent. I've go to make some more. ;) Their so good. :P
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Those chops look pretty good Tim. Are you sure you made enough for you and Cindy? :laugh: What is the ratio 3 for you and 1 for her? :P
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Looking good, Tim. He sure has some good ones. The Holy Smokin Chipotle and a little Rainbow pepper is wonderful mix on chicken. ;)
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Those chops are over the top....

I'm glad Richard got into making the labels, some of his early care packages contained some bags that looked... suspicious. Heheheee

DSC03206a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
    :blush:Thanks Dave you found me out. :laugh:

Cept I went on a diet so I only ate two and saved one back for Cindys brother. If he don't come and get it soon I having that bad boy. :woohoo:
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks great Tim
    Lots of new flavours to try :)

Shane
    ·
    Ha! I can so empathize. Prior to 18 years ago I made special brownies that magically gave you the munchies. :whistle:
    ·
    Thanks Shane your right many new flavors to try. ;)
    ·
    I'll have to give that a try Adam. Thanks ;)
    ·
  • GASP!
    NO!!!!
    ·
    :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :whistle:
    ·