Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good price for a mini?

frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254
edited 3:31PM in EggHead Forum
I am able to get a brand new mini with new hinge and handle for $200.

Is this a good buy?
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,752
    If it is brand new, that is a steal and I would go to whoever is offering you this price and offer him or her 250 to try and get it away from you ;) If that is brand new run, sprint, get in a muscle car and get that egg as quick as possible. :)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    grab that little baby!
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    You can't do any better than that.
    ·
  • frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254
    What do they cost normally?
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I paid $250 and that was 2 price hikes ago.
    ·
    I think, and someone correct me if I am wrong, I believe MSRP right now is somewhere around 400-425 depending on location.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Hell yeah!
    ·
  • Holy cow! Glad I brought my midget home in 97-98...I could be wrong its been some time ago but I think it was 100 on sale. But then again the large was 500ish when I bought it in 97 too.
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
    $310 here in KS
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,386
    Current list price, per BGE reliable source, is $379.00. With no accessories.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
    Just wondering if you know what a small or medium is in the wonderful town of Maryville?
    ·
  • draiggochdraiggoch Posts: 11
    Gentleman/ladies:

I realize that this is off subject a little, but, my local GE dealer was selling the extra large GE (oval) for $1,300+ .. I found it in North Georgia for less than $900 .. it does pay to shop around ..
    ·
    Dangit! I knew I shoulda taken pics! :sick:

WAG (Wild Ass Guess) :silly: :unsure:

S=$510
    M=$590

very unsure :ermm: though
    ·
    Carolina Q wrote:
    Current list price, per BGE reliable source, is $379.00. With no accessories.

Only accessory is the stand correct?
    ·
    This is why I am wondering, my buddy saved almost 200 dollars by going to Maryville Ks, a couple years ago on a large. Just wondering if the price difference is still so substantial now. ;)
    ·
    might mean the ash tool, as it is smaller
    ·
  • grillmandangrillmandan Posts: 270
    BGE does not make an oval. That would be a Primo brand.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,611
    Is it HOT? $200 is a "steal" so that's why I wonder! Is it for sale by a BGE dealer and is it in fact NEW?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Sounds like a very good deal to me. :cheer:

Grab it.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,386
    Grid gripper and ash tool are extra as well. I think that's it.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • $399 at my local shop.
    ·
    email me, and I'll try to find out for sure tomorrow

my forum handle at the hottest email dot com
    ·
  • PFSmithPFSmith Posts: 34
    I called around Birmingham a while back looking for a Mini and the going rate was $315, and that was before the price hike.

I stopped in at a dealer about an hour north of Birmingham and bought their last one, with the metal cap - no stand - for $249. I felt like I got a good value.

Pat
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Sorry you're too late, I already bought it.
    ·
    SOOO,

Would you spend $200 on a MINI or $440 on a MEDIUM if you already had a large?
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I'd spend $640, and get both. Oh yeah, I already did. :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
    Well here it is!!

IMAG0062.jpg
    ·