Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Sirloin Tip Roast

Options
bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's been quite a while since I've posted but rest assured I've still been egging. Due to prolonged crappy weather most of those cooks have been quick dishes on the mini. Gotta love how easy it is to do small simple things on that little baby.

Tonight since the weather was perfect I did a "Pork Sirloin Tip Roast" on the MED which I got in a 3 pack at Costco. Never heard of this particular cut but when I saw them I figured I coudln't go weong for the price.

Dusted with some of my basic rib rub.
5629341902_fcbb43dfb6.jpg
DSC_4975 by bitslammer, on Flickr

Then at the last minute decided to slop on some Chili Mustard.
5629343700_22b4a079f1.jpg
DSC_4977 by bitslammer, on Flickr

As usual decided to have a few cold ones while tending the grill. Anyone from SW Ohio will remember Burger. They've resurrected all of the old Heudephol-Schoenling beers and I have to say they are quite nice.
5628764697_4d4200b80f.jpg
DSC_4978 by bitslammer, on Flickr

Here we are just about done.
5629345884_c85f399e12.jpg
DSC_4982 by bitslammer, on Flickr

After 10 min rest time to slice. Wow it was great. Only took about 2 hours at 325-350*F. Looking forward to a few more of these.
5628766981_5db79430dd.jpg
DSC_4983 by bitslammer, on Flickr

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks tasty! I'll have to see if I can find that cut and beer here.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    I actually just learned about the Pork Sirloin Tip Roast when I was at Kingsford University last month. I've been wanting to try one. We don't have a Costco here but maybe Sam's will have them.

Steven Gerike from the National Pork Board was there and broke down a half hog for us, showing us various cuts, especially some of the ones you don't see every day.

Since you have two left, here's what he said about them (according to my scribbled notes, lol):
    Sirloin Tip Roast, it comes from the ham area. Notice how the roast seems like two pieces? He cut the top part off and said it is the same as the tri-tip from beef. That part should be seasoned and grilled at a medium-high direct heat. He recommended that for the remaining part, brine it and roast it indirect or on a rotisserie. Then slice thin for Cubano sandwiches.

I hope some of that might give some ideas for your other two roasts. I want to try one but haven't seen them in stores around here. Checking Sam's out this week.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    BTW, yours looks great, nicely cooked! That chili mustard sounds like a chipolte mustard I've been loving recently. Great cook.

I just got excited when I saw "pork siloin tip roast" because it's been on my radar since learning about it. :laugh:
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Chris,

Great looking roast and very crisp pics. ;)
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I have not seen the cut, but will be looking for it after looking at these pics!!! ;)