Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quick Mojo pork Naked Whizz question

JohnBJohnB Posts: 174
edited 12:53PM in EggHead Forum
The meat is about done but I have a question, or questions, about the Mojo sauce:

1) can I substitute tequila for the rum?
2) I wasn't able to get my hands on a packet of Goya Sazon con culantro y achiote. Are there any good substitutes for that too?

thanks!

Comments

• It's a bit too late for this cook but here is a good mail order source.

http://www.mexgrocer.com/catagories.html

I get my Achiote paste from them.
  • JohnBJohnB Posts: 174
    on a whim I just rode my bike up to the local grocers and they had a packet! Now all I need is advice on the Tequila substitution.

thanks!
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Hey, go for it. What could go wrong? Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    The Naked Whiz wrote:
    Hey, go for it. What could go wrong? Good luck!

Good to see you posting. Some parts of Raleigh got hammered. We got nailed down here in Holly Springs. I saw the beast. IT was a mile wide. Scary stuff. I thought it was just a storm cloud, but it was the actual tornado. Haven't been up to Raleigh, but on the news it looked bad in areas.
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Yes, we are all fine here. I'm about 2 miles to the west of the track it took up 401.
    The Naked Whiz