Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

modifying a post by eenie meenie

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited 6:27PM in Off Topic
cut and paste from this post by eenie meenie

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1075410&catid=1

I fixed a contorno of potato, tomato, onion with fresh basil, oregano, and parsley topped with fresh mozzarella and a salad of mixed greens with arugula, tomatoes, yellow peppers, and a garlic vinaigrette.

contornoofpotato.jpg

I just 'wing' the potato dish. Smear your dish with olive oil and take some smashed garlic and rub the dish. Place an overlapping layer of thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom, then a layer of tomatoes (I use canned tomatoes when out of season, they are much better than those awful supermarket ones. If using canned tomatoes, drain them and remove the seeds and cut out the cores), then a layer of thinly sliced onions. Add S P, chopped parsley, basil, and oregano and some minced garlic to taste. Repeat this sequence one or two more times, depending upn the depth of your dish. Cover the foil or a lid and bake at 350 degrees for about and hour and 15 min to hour and 30 minutes (depends upon how thick you sliced your potatoes). When the potatoes are done, let the dish rest to reabsob some of the liquid. Place some grated some mozzarella cheese on top and broil until browned and bubbly, serve. Let me know if you like the dish. If you need me to be more precise, let me know and I will try to measure stuff the next time.
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Tim,

Other than the fact it should be contorni (multiple vegetables) and she missed an r in reabsorb I can't see why it should be modified. :huh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Sorry dude I did this for one reason only. I wanted to print it so I could copy the cook in the future. I didn't mean anything was done wrong spelling or otherwise. Her pic was in a differnt place in the post with the explination of the cook so I simply copyed the text and placed the pic in with it. Didn't mean anything else. Tim

Maybe I should have put it in a word doc instead. :blush:
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    :huh: :ermm:
    color me 'confused'
    :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Oh stike, you're always confused. Tell me something new. :lol:
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    only when your name is involved :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
    It's a fly trap.

When a fly lands I swat it! :woohoo:
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I've got a folder full of word docs of forum posts. I get around to cooking them every once in a while :unsure:

We've done this dish and I can tell you it is a good one. To me it is like a vegetable lasagna with potatoes instead of pasta.
    ·
    Yeah I just copied and pasted everything together in one neat package. I haven't tried the cook yet but, someday I will. Thanks for your thoughts. :)
    ·