Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A great day for burgers !

Options
elzbth
elzbth Posts: 2,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Simple onion burgers - long day at work, beautiful afternoon, perfect opportunity to fire up the egg and play in the dirt (working on my grow boxes and hanging baskets - I'm a little late getting the tomatoes planted, but they will catch up). Hope your day was as blessed as mine! :)

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Gosh those look really great Elizabeth!!
    It'll be planting season here very soon!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Nice burgers and cool tomato boxes. Where do you get those boxes? How big are they? Thanks
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Elizabeth:

Great looking burgers (even with the onion in the middle :laugh: )!

How is the knee recovery coming (must be good to be cooking and playing in the dirt :woohoo: )

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• elzbth
    Options
    Thanks Molly - I'm a couple of weeks late planting, but I was lucky enough to find exactly what I wanted (Hoss had me drooling last year with his fancy tomatoes). I've got yellow pears, cherokee purple, sungold, and Talladega's....also jalapeno and serrano peppers and last but not least some yellow crook-neck squash). I'll be looking every morning and night for blooms! :laugh:
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Very nice burgers, Elizabeth!! we are running behind on planting here to, just got everything in this weekend.
  • elzbth
    Options
    Thanks....I got them on-line - they are Garden Patch Grow Boxes..you can Google them. I bought 3 of them 2 years ago (they are the terra cotta color). Bought 1 last year and they had changed the design...dark green and not quite as large or sturdy as the first ones. I have been shocked at the ease of use and amount of tomatoes/peppers produced. I actually saw them in a thread on this forum some years back! ;)
  • elzbth
    Options
    The onion was the ultimate addition...we don't do this every time, but sure enjoy it when we do.

My knee is f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c!!! :woohoo: I have returned to work full time (actually went back a few days a week after the 3rd week of surgery). I'm so blessed - I find that the more I walk, the better it gets. Don't do well driving for any length, just can't get comfortable but I'm working on it (actually that's the reason I didn't go the the eggfest in Biloxi this past weekend). Thank you for asking - I'm so happy about my progress you can probably see me smiling through the monitor.... :):):)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Good luck with the garden - between all the therapy and trying to get back to normal after my knee replacement I just got behind...but I got the tomato plants I wanted and will patiently wait for them to start producing!! ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey Lizzard, Your burgers look great. :P

My garden spot doesn't have anything in it yet. Soon I hope. :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice burgers and nice plants. No deer would be my guess. We saw 14 of the girls about 3 lots over last night on a walk, they were deciding who to wipe out of green stuff :laugh: Getting real dry here and they are hanging at the houses now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    nice! those things look huge on the grill!
    context is important :)
  • wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Options
    Great looking burgers and tomatoes. I tried topsy things last year with no luck at all. I did have one cherry tomato I was proud of.. got last tomatoes in August. Unusual for our climate.
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Options
    Nice looking burgers. My question is how did you start out with six in the first photo and then have seven in the second? Two eggs?? Jer
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Options
    deleting double post
  • elzbth
    Options
    Thank you sir!!! They really hit the spot. ;)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Thanks! No deer, except the one hanging on the wall - we do have some nasty little squirrels though. My neighbor is on a mission to kill as many as he can - they are chewing on his privacy fence! :evil:
  • elzbth
    Options
    Thanks for looking.... :)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Good eye! Actually, I had a full grid when I started out - with 4 burgers that I planned to throw on after the first ones were ready. And that's when my husband decided to help..... :lol:
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks good, but what exactly is an onion burger? It looks like you took a slice of onion and wrapped the hamburger around it? Would love some more info on it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• elzbth
    Options
    Welllll, you are right. Simple to prep and delicious end result. Seasoned the meat with garlic and onion powder - my husband didn't even miss the salt. ;)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Great looking burgers and photos Elizabeth, you may have inspired me. :cheer:

Blair

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Burgers look tasty... I know you cant wait to have one with a home grown 'mater. :)
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Any day is a great day for burgers :laugh:

Looks great Elizabeth!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Options
    Great looking burgers.I'm also late with the vegetables, but our formal garden is bursting at the seams with blooms. Good luck down south. The state master gardeners convention is in Mobile this year,if you're interested.Randy
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Elizabeth those look amazing, burgers with onion sombreros, another mexican dish... :whistle: :laugh:
  • elzbth
    Options
    Thanks for looking...I got some of my tomato and pepper plants at the recent plant sale at Mobile Botanical Gardens. I have a few blooms already - this is such a nice time of year! :)
  • elzbth
    Options
    You are correct-a-mundo...it is always a good day when I can come home, fire up the egg, and enjoy the outdoors for a bit before dinner... ;)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Don't faint, but when the maters are ready I will likley pass on the burges and go for mater sammies with the freshest "light bread" I can find! ;)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Glad to be of help....I don't recall whose post I first saw of burgers with onions grilled in the top of the burgers, but I can tell you they inspired me and I'm very glad they were kind enough to post the pics! ;)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Thanks Beli....and I thought they were onion aprons!!! :woohoo: I had a leftover for dinner tonight and it was just as good as last nights.. :whistle: