Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Butt Chicken...

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Beer Butt Chicken is simple, easy and GOOOOOOOOOODDDD !!!!! Fling a little fruitwood on it (apple or cherry) and it makes a good meal.
Peace...[p]BeerButtChicken.jpg

Comments

• FatBack,
    that looks great...i have two of those identical holders. .. they work great. ..not sure what you put on yours, but we love them rubbed with dizzy tsunami spin (and i put a tablespoon of rub directly into the beer can as well). ...leftovers make for the best chicken salad you've ever eatin. .. great stuff!!

• mad max beyond eggdome, We are thinking just alike mad max !
    I rubbed this one down with some Tsunami Spin and put a couple tablespoons of it right into the beer can as well, MMMMMmmmmm MMMMMMmmmmm Gooooooood !!! I always eat the legs, thighs and wings for dinner and then make chicken salad out of the breast meat for lunch the next couple days.
    Peace...

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    FatBack,[p]That's me too! I love eating the dark meat then and having egg salad the next day and the day after, if it lasts that long. [p]Oh, did I mention that i like to eat some of the egg salad right then as well...
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Mark Backer,
    I always do 2 chickens because I usually end up picking at one if them till it is almost gone, then make salad out of whatever is left and the other bird. Best darn chix salad ever. Gets better everyday it lasts too.
    Seth

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Could you share your chicken salad recipe with us? I was going to do a chicken tonight.[p]Thanks,[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • JimboBQ,
    take your tsunami spin chicken, cube it up. .. add mayo, some celery, red onion, and a shake of tsunami spin rub. . .mix it up, .. . eat it. ..yummy....add whatever else turns you on: grapes, apple, some shredded carrot, some chopped walnuts or pecans. .olives, the sky's the limit. .. .we like it simple though, the chickin/mayo/onion/celery. . .don't forget to season it with some more tsunami spin though. ..it is probably my wife's most favorite thing from the egg. ...

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    just like above, but squeeze a little fresh lime juice in there, and tell your tounge to look out so it don't get bit off!! Gooooood stuff.
    Seth

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    lately ive just been preparing the chickens like a fruit and onion stuffed turkey drenched with wine, makes darn good salad with the tsunami and mayo celery onion the fruit and onion adds an awesome flavor to the chicken for the salad

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    FatBack,
    Looks great and you have a nice crispy looking skin, did you cook it direct??? Tell us more, temp,was it sitting in a drip pan on the main grid or???
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• New Bob, I usually go direct at 325 1.5 hrs and then crank it up to 375-400 for .5 hrs for a total of 2 hrs. Peace...