Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib instructions needed

Options
Sandi
Sandi Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have promised the "Sunday Supper Club" prime rib for next week. Anyone have directions for prime rib on the egg?[p]Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Sandi,[p]Pretty sure GFW's website has prime rib recipes - I know my site does. [p]Tim
    [ul][li]-Tim M BGE cookbook -[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S12_24_9918_34_02.jpg
    <p />Sandi, you didn't mention whether it was bone-in or bone-out - no matter.[p]Christmas Prime Rib - from Earl - look in the recipe section of my site, link - http://yyyz.net/bge/R_Earls_Prime_Rib.asp[p]The link above outlines a few helpful messages from Earl.[p]Good luck!

[ul][li]Prime Rib[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Sandi, we have a posting by Dr. Chicken in the new recipes submitted section of the archives here. It looks like a winner, and the cacklin canary is a pretty good cook. :-) I gotta try this one myself.
    Usually, the prime rib is a exceptional piece of meat all on its own, and I use a high temperature sear, and then close up the BGE to a 350 range setting with my daisy and lower vent, and let the meat sit as the temperature drops and holds at the 350 area. (not critical) What is critical is the internal temps..Once the dome temp has dropped below the 380F..quickly insert your remote Polder. If no remote, then check meat internal with a quick read thermometer to the rare to medium rare internal of 135 to 140..Remove the Prime Rib, place in a aluminum tent..and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing...Great eating..just salt and fresh cracked peppercorn for the seaonings.[p]I made one for Xmas last year, and high temp seared it in my small BGE,,then transfered it to my Large already running 350F..It was a ball of flame when I moved it. :-) The flame went out after closing the dome on the large. All done direct over hot coals.It was great eating.
    Cheers..C~W[p]