Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tomatoe dish from after party

MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
edited 3:42AM in EggHead Forum
Roasted Grape Tomatoes

2 pt's grape tomatoes, you can use cherry but more juicy
1/4 c EVO
1 head of garlic, crushed
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped FRESH basil

mix evo and garlic and let sit for at least 30 minutes to infuse the flavor. I mix it right in a 10 or 12 inch cast iron pan and then add the tomatoes. cook at 350 - 375 until the tomatoes start to burst. When about half popped remove and let cool slightly, about 10 to 15 minutes.
While they are cooling chop the basil leaves and toss with the crumbled feta.
add to the tomatoes and stir very gently.
At the after party I served with sliced baguette. our favorite is fresh focaccia bread or pita bread. but even crackers are good!
You can turn this into a great side dish by adding a cup or two of fresh cooked couscous or any very small pasta. great hot or cold. if you are doing cold, cook the tomatoes and let cool and then refrigerate at that point. Just before serving add the basil, cheese and pasta and toss lightly
IMAG0114.jpg
the basket as we headed to the after party.. the jug is full of 'ritas. or it was when we started prepping the tomatoes LOL we had to have a couple
194431_1746532435610_1607782026_1682234_7760646_o.jpg
from dinner a while back mixed with the couscous. I sliced some of the garlic and crushed some in this dish.
·

Comments

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    Julie, Julie, Julie,
    It is time for you to make the call 1-800-EGGADMIT. :laugh:
    Thanks for the reciepe, I don't like feta that much but I had some of your tomatos and fetta at the after party and enjoyed it very much.
    JJ :)
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • skyhopsingskyhopsing Posts: 107
    can you share your couscous recipe?

Looks Awesome !
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    looks delicious to me!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • I tried it and it was delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    A salad at the after party!!! :ohmy: :pinch: :cheer: :P :) :lol:

It looks great Julie.... :)
    ·
  • MCRMCR Posts: 270
    Julie,

Thanks for the recipe... there were nice.

It was nice meeting you!

See you soon.
    Marc
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    That looks pretty good, I will have to try it, thanks!!
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Like you have any room to talk Jimbo :angry: LOL it was great seeing you and Kay ... well Kay anyways....
    ·
    ha ha actually there were two HUGE wonderful tossed salads that Bill made and they were cleaned right out empty! :laugh: see what happens when important people are missing... no jello shots to feed steven... my feet were dry and cracked... no evo for them.... sad sad night .....
    ·
    if I am using the couscous in this I just cook in boiling water just like a pasta :) drain and toss with a tiny bit of EVO to keep from sticking if you are going with the cold version. you do not want much as there is oil in the tomatoes.
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Thanks for the salad, it was a nice balance to all the meat I was grilling. ;) Was wondering if anyone got a shot of the little girls making somemores on my egg?, I would like a pic of that. I was drinkin (sippin) Scotch, single malt,..._ so that's my excuse why I missed it. :whistle: :blink:
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    Great dish, Gloria asked me to find the recipe and you jumped right in. Thanks again.
    Last I remember you had 7 BGEs, when and what became #8?? Thanks for the onions. LOL
    ·
  • Thought I tried everything at the after party - wrong. I missed this dish :( It is similar to a Southern Living recipe that we love. I 'm fixing your dish for supper tonight! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Julie, that was so yummy! :)

Thanks for the recipe.
    ·
    I am sneaky Richard :whistle: had an adoption at the egg fest... :blush: at the after party and it was NEILS idea not mine.... :laugh:
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Kim,, bill and Julie only did that to keep me away,,,kinda like garlic to a vampire :(
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    The dish looks good. I would say Cindy would love that. ;)
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    That looks great. I'm a big feta fan, what kind do you like to use? The couscous dish was very colourful. Thanks, Randy
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,033
    Oh, Julie!! That's another one of those fabulous things I missed out on! :sick: But, thank you for sending the recipe. I appreciate it!
    ·