Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mahi mahi

cbs
cbs Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any good mahi recipes from you experts?

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    cbs, I took some to Eggtoberfest. I put it on an alder plank with some lemon/herb butter & a little thyme. Serve with lemon.
    Another way is to put it on a piece of foil, cover with some mayo & dill (onions, tomatoes, peppers optional) and grill it until done. Serve with lemon.
    I think that too much smoke ruins the taste. Rely on your smoke from just the lump. JCA

• cbs,I like to blacken it. drizzle olive oil on your filets, i like to liberally apply cajun seasoning to the filets. preheat a cast iron frying pan until it is smoking on the stove. Put filets in, searing both sides. Meanwhile the egg has preheated to 350. Take the seared filets to the egg for another 4-7 minutes. Eat. Mahi goes great with brocolli cole slaw and baked tater.