Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just another day at work(long)

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited 1:48AM in Off Topic
I finally got around to sending some of my phone pics to my computer.It's just easier to post them from home :whistle: Anyway,here's a few pics from a few weeks ago.The first 2 pics are from a high school football stadium.These were only 120' poles,but it's still fun for me.I had to change out some light bulbs and ballasts :)

IMG_20110224_123153.jpg

IMG_20110224_123146.jpg

These were from a high school baseball field.I got lucky here,as there was no man-basket at the top to work from,so we had to bring in a lift :woohoo: Too much fun :) These were only 80' poles,but the 85' lift was maxed out,because of the angle.Here's the lift,and a few shots from up top....

IMG_20110223_100822.jpg

IMG_20110223_105323.jpg

IMG_20110223_102027.jpg

IMG_20110223_105349.jpg

It's days like this that I really love to go to work :woohoo: Thanks for lookin ;)
·

Comments

• Cool. I was looking for outriggers on the manlift. Looks like the wheels extend out for a wider base.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,864
    Where do you hook up the bungee cord??
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Geez louise, how can you stand it? I have a major fear of heights. Just getting up on the second rung of a step ladder does me in! LOL I've never been able to figure out why some people can take heights and others cannot.

Glad you like your job!
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Yea Frank,no outriggers on these lifts,but the axles do extend for more stability.Outriggers wouldn't be good on these,because you couldn't move without lowering yourself down and raising the outriggers.It's much more fun to drive around up high :whistle: :laugh: Obviously,you only move the lift a little while fully elevated(to extend your reach),but it's much more fun :woohoo:
    ·
    I hear ya Richard :woohoo: Although bungee jumping is a blast,repelling down these poles is quite a rush also,and a ton of fun :woohoo:

005-2.jpg

008.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg
    ·
    It's funny Dimple's Mom.I guess that some people are just wired different :ohmy: And thank you,I do love my job :)
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    C'mon buddy, admit you were shakin' yer hips on the boom just to see what would happen. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    You know I was :woohoo:
    ·