Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fall of the bone ribs

Options
Steelers252006
Steelers252006 Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes, overcooked, and I prefer a bit chewier, but when in Rome...

Anyhow, I am going to do 3-1-1 or a variance of it anyhow depending on how it goes to get that type of cook. Wanted to know what some others' experiences are with it, what they like to add to the foil for flavor or moisture, and just anything else you may offer that you feel may be a helpful tip. Thanks!!

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC09692b.jpg

I cook for a lot of folks that want a very, very tender rib. I actually enjoy giving them something they really like... so for that I use a foil step, although 45 minutes seems to do the trick for loin back ribs.

I put some Parkay, either some sauce or some honey or both, some brown sugar, then after adding the ribs and sealing 3 sides of the pouch, 1-1/2 ounces of apple juice goes in. I do mine meat side down, and be sure and save that foil juice. It's great by itself or added to a sauce.

DSC09694b.jpg

DSC09695b.jpg

DSC09699a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    Options
    I do baby backs 2, 1.5, 1. I remove the silver skin and rub. I use a mixture of equal parts apple cider vinegar, franks hot sauce, and sweet baby rays when I foil and also for my final glaze.
  • fiercetimbo17
    Options
    I use this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/should-be-illegal-oven-bbq-ribs-8701
    I rub a small amount of the sauce paste on and cook for 3 hours, then foil with the remaining sauce poured over them for 2 hours. They are always super tender
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    YEP! Folks love em.Fallin off da bone.Unless you are doin a comp these will win EVERYTIME!!! :)