Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

HELP POST How I set my AR for a three tier cook

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is an excerpt from a tribute cook for CWM.

I will smoke six (6) slabs of baby backs.

This day was full of firsts. I never smoked baby back ribs so today was my first. I never had six slabs of ribs in my egg using my ar and I had trouble at first. I made a couple of calls. One was to my good friend Grandpas Grub and the other was to my friend Mad Max. Thanks guys! ;) Here is how I made it work.

With the spider and 14 inch stone and drip pan first

then the 18 inch grid

000_2247.jpg

Then the AR with to two more slabs

000_2248.jpg

Then the AR extender and two more slabs

000_2249.jpg

I smoked them 250° until they were just how we like them! :P I did spritz them every hour with 50%/50% apple cider vinegar/apple juice and rotated moving the bottom up one place every hour with the top going to the bottom. That way every thing cooked evenly. Five hours later we wrapped them up for a short rest.

The BB were great as well as the corn on the cob

corn-on-the-cob.gif

I ate like a pig but then so did everyone else :P I heard word like "best dam ribs" and "i'm full" that makes me feel good that I did something to bring people together in fellowship.

Comments