Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

30 hour Pulled pork LOL

EggecutionerEggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well...[p]I completed my first weekend with an egg. Now I need more lump...that however is another story.[p]9:30 PM Friday: I started my 6.25# pork butt, dome temp @ 225F. I removed it from the grill @ 3:30 AM Sunday, and shut down the grill. Well, I tried to remove it, it just fell apart. Love that :o) Anyway, I had the cooler ready, there was no way I was going to be able to wrap it. So, at 3:30 am I pulled it. Man is that some GOOD Eats!!! I was really suprised at the amout of charcoal I had left. I think I used about 50-60% of a full load. AMAZING! Love this tool![p]8:00 AM Sunday added more charcoal, lit her again, put on my ribs for the race. 300F In a v-rack for 4 hours, Foiled for 1 hour (with a little apple juice). Love Em Dry. I used "Jungle Rub" from a bbq guy in Wisconsin. Hard to get and I'm gettin low on that stuff. Succulent (sp?) Perfect Amazing... After I snuck a couple dry, I sauced em and threw them back on the grill.[p]2:30PM Sunday Inverted the Platesetter and installed the pizza stone, leveled my egg at 550F for 25-30 min. Did 4 7-8" personal pizzas. They were ok. Pizza is new to me..I WILL get better. I almost forgot to get pics og the pizzas. So it may have the appearance of them almost being gone! LOL[p]Thanks again to all,
J[p]
fallin-apart.jpg

pulled.jpg

After-30hrs.jpg

RIBs.jpg

Pizza.jpg