Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Dealer

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone in Louisville use Steepleton's as your Egg dealer?

I have been using another dealer and have been less and less impressed. The arrogance is a bit much and the info that comes with the attitude is not that spectacular. Add that to what is essentially pricing games etc... and I can say I am looking for another dealer. This saddens me actually... I really thought I was going to like these folks. I had a good experience when I bought the egg, but it has digressed.

I certainly love the Egg! I will be adding a small, cast iron griddles, wok, and some half baking stones to the collection this summer. Not to mention the extended rack, pizza stone, platesetter, table, cover, cleaning tool, ash pan, rib/roast rack, s & p shakers, corn holders, BGE cookbook, and all the charcoal and wood that I have already purchased. I had planned to make all of my purchases from them, but I seriously got the impression that my business was not that important. I felt dismissed and brushed aside. So, I am looking to find a dealer that might be a skoash more interested in my business.

On another topic... the distributor that cooks as the "eggspert" at the demonstrations was asked a couple of questions while I was there. One was about how to cook ribs, he described the 2-2-1 method with apple juice-- giant secret to be sure :whistle: , and the other was about the gasket burning off a new XL from last August. He simply said replace it and maybe try the high heat gasket. I asked the guy that asked both of those questions if he visited the forum and he said no. I suggested that he check out the info here for gasket info... there are a lot of posts. He told me he wasn't new and had been cooking on the egg for 15 years! LOL... I am sure he still hadn't learned to cook ribs by then and his 15 year old felt gaskets are hanging tough! :laugh: Sorry... I digress. The eggspert then wanted me to try his egg chili. It was OK... tasted like chili. I have made other recipes from this forum that were better and I feel I make one that is better. I asked if he ever tried any of the chili recipes from the forum and I think he said "from where?" Oh my!! :blush: That's when I took my pizza stone and went home.

EGG rules! Pizza was great! Pics on the camera. :) Thanks in advance for reading my novella. :)
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments

• wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    Sorry about the bad experience with your dealer. I am pretty sure I know the one you are referring to (2 locations). We have friends that bought a large from Steepleton's back in December and had nothing but good things to say about them. When it was time to add another egg to the family I picked up the phone and called several dealers until I found a dealer that was willing to be reasonable.
  • HoosierDan
    Options
    CC, I bought my egg from the same dealer and I have dealt with the attitude also. Mostly when I did not realize I had options. I have purchased some accessories and some Dizzy Pig rubs (which the dealer in question did not carry) at Steepleton and they were nothing but nice to me. They claim to be the largest egg dealer in Louisville actually. Also, on the sunny side of the river there are a couple other options. The Poolman in Clarksville is a dealer, but I have not been in to check him out. My wife purchased some accessories for me from them for xmas and indicated that they did not have much of a selection. Also we received a mailer for a place called Backyard Staycations in Floyds Knobs that is also a dealer. They are having a demo or fest of some sort in June according to the mailer we received.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    sorry to hear that.

I found the dealer that I bought was night and day from when I bought it to even coming in to buy supplies.

I've since started using another dealer in town, who I will be using if I have any issues.

I like buying supplies from them... start contrast from the dealer I bought from
    context is important :)