Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got some advice

Options
WokOnMedium
WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I met a new coworker in Jan and we have become good friends. Since he's from Alabama I assumed he knows a little something about cooking outdoors with fire and wood. We exchanged our favorite rubs and sauces (I sent Dizzy and Carnivore. I told him The Bean was coming to town and she wanted one thing.......ribs.

He proceeded to offer a suggesttion to make "killer ribs". You just wrap them in tin foil for the first 3 hrs. Being a new friend i didn't tell him why i would NeVER need to do that. It was a nod and smile moment.

Later that day he called again and said talked with his Dad. His Dad told him to call and apologize, "he said if she has an Egg, she has ribs all figured out and she knows what she's doing. As a matter of fact she could probably teach you a few things, so stop trying to give her your advice."

Boy does that Green buddy of mine have a reputation! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Funny story Staci, his Dad sounds like he should be an egghead if he isn't already. :)

Blair

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Great story Staci!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    That's too funny!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Great story and self control ;)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    PLUS 1 for Dear Ole Dad!!! :laugh:
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I've gotten used to that general attitude that i'm a girl who's out of my depth so I just smile. But i've actually had someone apologize. It takes a big man to do that, so he's a good egg in my book.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Staci, I think you are a very nice person.

You are like Buford Pusser in Walking Tall you walk softly and you have a Big Green Egg and of course you know how to use it. :)
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    wokonmedium wrote:
    Later that day he called again and said talked with his Dad. His Dad told him to call and apologize, "he said if she has an Egg, she has ribs all figured out and she knows what she's doing. As a matter of fact she could probably teach you a few things, so stop trying to give her your advice."

That's hilarious!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.