Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tonights Spatchcock

XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 366
edited 8:07PM in EggHead Forum
Since 99% of you already know that if you have seen one spatch pic then you have seen most of them,I will skip to the cook.
I cut the bird this morning.Since I have read so many posts that end with " just experiment and enjoy "I also removed the keel bone. Then I figured why not just start pulling all of the smaller bones out that I could. So I did. I then injected the parts with Creole Butter,turned it over and sprayed olive oil on the skin and hit it with some Dizzy Dust. Threw it in the fridge for about four hours and went straight onto a raised grill at 350*. Added a little handful of JD's oak barrel chips and did not even look at it again for an hour.Ya'All know how this ends....
The BGE triumphs again !!!

Just another thank you to all who help make these cooks turn out so well by sharing your thoughts( opinions) and experience.
More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• Do you inject from the rib side or the skin side, does it make a difference?
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 366
    I actually made it a point to inject from the inside once I had the bird cut and boned I wanted to keep the skin intact as much as possible. The bird was a little floppy going onto the grill,but in the end I was able to eat the breast with a fork.
    More meat please !! :-)