Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Care Package from the Egg

Options

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Dennis, dhuffjr, you didn't steal it if I gave out the recipe! Try it, it's truly a great dinner dish. And so easy when you slice the meat in 1/2 inch slices.

I cooked 8 slices on the small, along with the CI skillet in there. Just imagine how many would fit on a large to feed a crowd - and cooking time is 2 minutes a side!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Got two of 'em in the fridge for smoking first part of next week. I hope I don't have any trouble getting rid of those bones!! :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Great job Faith, I'm sure they appreciate it.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    You're a good lady Faith! -RP
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Pat. You would do the same thing.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Randy. It was a fun cook and it made me feel good to help in a small way.

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks better than I envisioned!! Wonderful act of kindness!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Faith:

What a great heart you have for helping out a neighbor with a wonderful cook like this!

Made me hungry! :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL Vittles and VERY thoughtful of you. :)
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Molly, and now you have the recipe I was telling you about. Thanks for the nice compliment.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Well, thank you Mr. Loco_Engr. I think all of you nice egg people would do the same thing for a friend.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Hoss, you cook some great looking vittles, so that is very nice of you to say. Thanks.

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Mom and neighbor = Loving and caring = Faith ;)

Blessings to you :)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    A spectacular feast from a dear friend. What a big heart you have!

I personally think they should re-launch Gourmet magazine with this cook as the feature story and you as Guest Editor.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    Very thoughtful! not only in making separate meals for the kids & adults but to find out what others had been bringing & what they wanted ;) Great job! :)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Faith, what a beautiful and bountiful spread you provided for your friend and neighbor. You are a good neighbor.
    Thanks for the chimichurri recipe
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Tim. What a nice thing to say. Blessings to you and Cindy, always.

P.S. I hope your Dad was OK with all the bad weather and tornadoes we had here.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Judy Mayberry, that is so nice of you to say. I loved Gourmet magazine for many years and was disappointed when it went away.

I look forward to meeting you one day very soon, Judy.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Susan. My first thought was to make spatchcock chicken and roasted veggies, so I am glad I thought to ask what everyone else had been bringing. I haven't heard from them because the mom had another surgery today, but I hope she was able to enjoy it.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Austin Egghead. I have been making this chimichurri for 8-10 years and it's a winner. It does have quite a bite from the vinegar, but it goes well with the garlic and adobo rub. If you not that crazy for vinegar, just use a little less. The fresh herbs come through!

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I'm good at copying other peoples ideas :woohoo:
    We made crab cakes for dinner last night ala your recipe more or less. Used Tsumami spin as the spice. Should have used more with egg whites four, capers, garlic, red onion and crab of course. Only found claw meat. Not sure how it would be different but they turned out great. My wife says we should use bread crumbs next time.....go figure.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    You are an angel Faith, so kind and thoughtful and the meal looks delicious.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    KUDOS!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Very nice of you Faith
    Good karma will surely be yours :)

Shane
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    After calling and not getting an answer I finally reached Dad last night. He said it was bad because they had wave after wave of storms most of the day. He said there is a lot of debris in their yard.

I called my friend Willie in Bradenton. He said lots of rain and standing water on the roads. Willie is a foodie who cooks on his gasser and oven...I asked him yesterday if he would get a BGE and he said he was still thinking on it and if he did he would pick my brain. The seed is planted. :evil:

I hope you all are doing OK this morning. Hope your boat and cover made it through the storm. Have a good day. I bet there is a lot of wind and rain damage all around. :unsure: Like Kent says, be well. :)
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    In Hebrew there in a word, MITZVAH. My definition of the word is GOOD DEED. What you did was very kind. Just wish a lot of people did something nice just to do it. It's nice when a community helps people.

The food looked good too.

There is another saying in Hebrew,"When you save a Life, you save the world".

Gart
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Gary. I wish it all could have been cooked on the egg, maybe next time.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks, theblts.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Shane. I am always up for some good karma.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Tim, 2fategghead, I am glad your Dad is OK. There was alot of damage from the storm, so if he just has some debris to pickup, he did OK.

Maybe we can both convince Willie to buy an egg if you two come down for a visit sometime.