Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

JD Smoked Sausage

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited 4:48PM in EggHead Forum
For my last egg meal for a while I used some JD Chips to freshen up the smoke on some Linguica. For a quick review, Linguica is a smoked Portuguese sausage similar to kielbasa but with a hint of hot paprika. Anyway, I soaked the chips for a time it took to heat the egg. When I opened the bag of chips, a wonderful aroma wafted towards me. I put the sausage and chips on at the same time. [p]I let the sausage smoke for ten minutes per side at 250 and another 5 per side at 350 to finish it off.[p]I biggest difference in flavor that I could note from the JD Chips as compared to just oak is a distinct sweetness that I attribute to the JD. I like it.[p]I will see you guys and gals in week.[p]Happy Smoking,
RhumAndJerk

·

Comments

• ChiefChief Posts: 154
    RhumAndJerk,
    Did you taste the water after soaking the chips>???

·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Chief,
    Nope, I tossed the water to the plants. They loved it. [p]On a side note, I do not like Bourbon to drink but I cook with it all the time. I prefer to cook with Jim Beam rather than JD but I use what I have on hand. Can you guess what my choice for strong drink is?[p]Happy (Hic) Grilling,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

·
  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    RhumAndJerk,
    Let's see....rum...no; whiskey...no; I know, cold beer.

·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Chief,
    Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes.
    Just about anything will do.[p]Have Fun,
    RhumAndJerk

·