Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cloud Service / Music Sharing

BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I read about the new Amazon service that came out on Monday, and some of the associated controversy and complaints by music labels. The service appears to be billed as primarliy a free file backup service from what I can tell. Evidently an Amazon spokesperson called it's functionality "the same as an external usb drive". So does one read between the lines and assume that folks can and will upload mp3 files, then share login/password info with others to download the files? If so, is this lega? And if it is legal, I have about 2500 song titles to share/trade. :)

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    I'd be very concerned about the RIAA being able to identify the downloaders and then filling suit on individuals as they have done in the past.
    Many years ago I "borrowed" a ton of music mp3's
    from the newsgroups. Not sure now of how safe that is now though even using a 3rd party service.