Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

appetizer

Options
jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
riblet1.jpg
<p />My favorite appetizers. Riblets.[p]
riblet1.jpg[p]Cut em' between the bones and you have instant finger food.[p]
riblet3.jpg

Comments

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    jake42,[p]All your pictures look really great! [p]Steve-B
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    jake42,
    Excellent idea for the kids. I'll have my butcher cut the ribs for me when it's time for a party. Thanks for the pictures. How will I remember this idea? --I've started a BBQ journal. So much to learn, so little time. :o)[p]Clay Q

• jake42, Those look good! I cook a lot of riblets too, but I don't bother to cut them after they have been cooked. I serve them up whole. Those look like they come from the back rib section and not the spare rib section. [p]The ones I buy are cut from the back rib section. The grocery stores where I live still cut their own meat and when they cut their own chops from bone in loins, they will trim down the along back ribs to make the chops more uniform in appearance. The width of these riblets vary from 3/4" to 1-1/2". These riblets that come from the back bone go for a whopping 59¢ per pound. Best buy for my BBQ buck![p]The Wally World here in the 'burg sells riblets cut from the spare rib or belly section of the hog. These Tyson brand riblets are cut from the bottom end of the spare rib section. Some pieces contain cartilage and are probably rib tips from Tyson trimming their own St Louis trimmed spares. Most of the riblets do contain spare rib bones though. These sell for $1.99 per pound and since Wal-Mart sells them, they do contain 8-12% salt water solution.[p]The loin cuts are real easy to cook and are done in less than two hours time. The rib tips/ends that I cook from the trimming of spare ribs into St Louis cuts take twice as long. [p]Lager,[p]Juggy

• hi jake42,
    before long you will be somewhat of a internet celeberty
    keep on smokin'
    Big D.