Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ping Little Steven

Doug in EggmontonDoug in Eggmonton Posts: 1,998
edited 10:11PM in EggHead Forum
Just to let you know that your upside down chicken has overtaken spatchcock as the preferred way to cook chicken. Hard to believe but the breast was even moister.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    That's great Doug! What kind of differential did you get between the breast and thigh?

Caledon, ON

• I was slow taking the off, the breast was 170 and the legs were near 200. Fall apart tender, the drumstick bone fell oou when I took one of the out.

• EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    How do you make upside down chicken ?

Always looking for new ways to do chicken.

• Rub the chicken, put it on a beer butt chicken stand, but upside down. Put that on a drip tray, I coat mine in foil for easier cleanup, and simply put that on the grid. Cook direct at 350-400 for about an hour. With the legs up in the dome they cook faster than the breasts. Take it off when the breasts hit 160.