Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado-the Good and the Bad

Options
uglydog
uglydog Posts: 256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, here are some of the good things from the Salado Egghead Gathering: the venue,the food, the people, the organizers (Mickey, Leroy, and Julie), the weather, the meet and greet, the after party, the sponsors (Ace Hardware, BGE rep, and probably some I missed), the people, the non-egghead tasters, the food, the town of Salado, the facilities, the food, all the fantastic people, the food,the door prizes, the contagious enthusiasm of everyone, the food (I may have mentioned that before), the generosity of everyone in providing the facilities, equipment, food, and labor involved in putting on such a great event. And the Bad from Salado: absolutely nothing. (I had to put that in the title to get you to read it, since I don't have any pics to post). Thanks to everyone for such a fantastic event. Mickey, put your feet up and sip a cold one. Leroy and Julie, chill out in the Chicken Coop and bask in the warmth you brought to the Egghead Gathering.

Uglydog

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I agree...

The Village of Salado is hands-down one of the friendliest places we've ever been to. They obviously wanted us to enjoy our visit and told us they would love for us to come back often, both as Eggheads, and as visitors to all the other events they constantly host.

The Mayor was kind enough to issue a proclamation recognizing our little Gathering. He sincerely wants to see us back next year. I think he liked the Egged food.

Mickey announced that the proclamation would hang in Keith Ace Hardware store for all to see.

Keith Ace Hardware became an official Big Green Egg Dealer only a few days prior to the Gathering. Russ Allen, Store Manager, is thrilled that they are a Big Green Egg dealer. Equally important, he is optimistic and enthusiastic that the Egg will become a major item for them.

The fact that a cameraman from KWTX TV in Waco got some nice video to share on the news Saturday night was a nice surprise. http://www.kwtx.com/salado

What can I say about the site itself. It was perfect, as was the Inn on the Creek for the Meet & Greet and the After Party.

Yes, it was a really good time for all. Glad you could make it down.

Spring "As Seen On TV" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Jim and Leroy, you guys just said it all.
    That was one where all came togather.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fdxegger
    fdxegger Posts: 69
    Options
    Could not agree more, had a great time and look forward to next year!
  • fdxegger
    fdxegger Posts: 69
    Options
    found a bug in Firefox 4! darn it
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    WOW
    That was some roadtrip for you and your Harley!! Glad you had fun :)
    You fit right in - and since your son lives in Houston, you are now an honorary TEXAN!
    Have a very safe journey back to Pennsylvania and "y'all come back now,hear?"