Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Great day in salado... korean bbq recipe...

texasAUtigertexasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited 12:09PM in EggHead Forum
We had a great time in Salado, thanks to the powers that be for putting on a great show. It was fun to meet many of you and sample your delectables. I certainly look forward to the next one!

Some of you asked for the marinade recipe for the Korean bbq (korean style short ribs, also called flanken cut), so here goes:

Kalbi Marinade: (you can also simply buy Monju Kalbi Marinade at a Korean Supermarket, its amazing)
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup sesame oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 of a medium yellow onion, chopped
3 large green onions, cut into small pieces
2 tbl toasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
Marinates 4-6 pounds of Korean short-ribs

I put the ribs in a gallon ziplock bag(s) and pour the marinade over, letting it sit 48-72 hrs. I cook them about 600, flipping frequently, til the sugars sort of caramelize to give you a nice color, about 5-7 minutes.

This is not my original recipe, it comes from another generous egger back in the past (Mud Pig), so all the credit goes to him. Enjoy.

Comments

• elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Thanks for posting the recipe! Hope you had a grand time in Salado.... :)
  • fdxeggerfdxegger Posts: 69
    The Korean BBQ was great and Salado was a hoot, nice meeting you yesterday.

thanks

John and Rusty