Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great day in salado... korean bbq recipe...

Options
texasAUtiger
texasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a great time in Salado, thanks to the powers that be for putting on a great show. It was fun to meet many of you and sample your delectables. I certainly look forward to the next one!

Some of you asked for the marinade recipe for the Korean bbq (korean style short ribs, also called flanken cut), so here goes:

Kalbi Marinade: (you can also simply buy Monju Kalbi Marinade at a Korean Supermarket, its amazing)
1 1/2 cups soy sauce
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup sesame oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 of a medium yellow onion, chopped
3 large green onions, cut into small pieces
2 tbl toasted sesame seeds
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
Marinates 4-6 pounds of Korean short-ribs

I put the ribs in a gallon ziplock bag(s) and pour the marinade over, letting it sit 48-72 hrs. I cook them about 600, flipping frequently, til the sugars sort of caramelize to give you a nice color, about 5-7 minutes.

This is not my original recipe, it comes from another generous egger back in the past (Mud Pig), so all the credit goes to him. Enjoy.

Comments