Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg hatching 10:00 am tomorrow!

Options
Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Big news for me, Thought I would share![p]Fedex called this morning to tell me that my "Package" will be ready for pick up at 10:00am tomorrow!!! Wooo Hoooo!!![p]So here is the plan:[p]1. Wed: Trex 2" thick strips (Thawing now)
2. Thur: Spatchcock Chicken
3. Fri-Sat: Pork Shoulder Butt (Thawing now)
4. Sun am: Ribs
5. Sun pm: Pizza! [p]I think that might be a good start to the Nascar season![p]This way If one thing doesn't turn out to my liking, I'll have 3-4 others to choose from!!![p]
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!![p]hope it doesn't come in busted! :o)[p]Joe

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    eggecutioner,
    sounds like a great lineup. . ..if you have any questions as you get going, just shout out hear on the forum, and i'm sure plenty of folks will be around to help you out. . .[p]congrats on joining the cult!!

• HolySmokes
    Options
    eggecutioner,[p]yeah, get it onboard before you set your menu. mine came in so many pieces ups wouldn't deliver it. the seller, (the fireside shop) however, came through and immediately shipped another which was virgin and pristine, and handled the problems with ups.[p]good luck, have fun with it, and slow down! you'll have many, many moons to spend with your egg.
    best, HS[p]

• Eggecutioner
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]I know I need to slow down...[p]However, I should have had the egg 2-3 weeks ago...had some issues..went on a trip...I kinda feel like I'm behind. Anyway the Daytona 500 is kind of a big deal around this place (normally included ribs and other bbq). Had I gotten the egg as planned I would of have some experimentation completed.[p]The steaks & chicken are for suppers. So they don't really count.[p]I asked everbody what they wanted for the race...here is what I was told: The pulled pork is for my 8 year old daughter...her favorite. Ribs for me and Momma. My boy needed the pizza fix. So I guess I cook it all. Love to do it anyway.[p]:o) Joe

• eggecutioner,
    Good Luck with your new toy. Lets face it this is what the egg really is. Instead of playing cowboys and Indians, stickball, boxball and all the other good things that we did a long time ago, we now get to play with FIRE!! Fire good, Meat good, Pizza good. Anyway best of luck. I am sure that you will enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. That reminds me I have to go and start planning for my final day working on my table. Let us know how you do with your menu.

• Eggecutioner
    Options
    Retired Railroader with broken plate setter!!,[p]I haven't been posting much, but I have been followiing your excitement with your story. Thanks. I will enjoy it! I will keep you posted...all weekend long..LOL[p]Joe
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    eggecutioner,
    Anticipation- I'm happy for you man. It's like a new addition to the family. When Trexing don't forget to burp the baby. [p]Your family is gonna love the pizza by the way :)[p]Clay Q[p]

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    eggecutioner,
    I certainly remember that anticipation. Couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't work.
    Happy for you.

• StumpBaby
    Options
    Retired Railroader with broken plate setter..[p]Parently fire is only good if'n you is not usin it to burn down a neighbors barn..then fire ain't so good I guess...I'll never forget the look on ol man Oldens face when he done foun out we wuz playin with fire and burned his barn down..good god..youda thunk we caught his nasty wiggly ol tootsie roll on fire and then tried to put it with a pick axe and shovel the way he was carryin on...I ain't never seen a grown man weep like that in all mine days..sheesh...it's jus a barn after all...man alive...so what if'n his folks bilt it themselves..way I see it..if'n they woulda gone off an made it outta stone stead of using all that stone to make fences what even the shortest animal coulda jus jumped right ovah anyway..we wouldn't be seein him weep like a big ol baby..sheesh...he sure wuz mad when we pointed out them short stone fences too. I learned one thing that day..you jus don't burn down the barn of a man whats got short stone fences..[p]StumpBaby