Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Frog

Options
2»

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

I think everybody in the Northeast saw that snow at one point in time or another. Winter isn't done just yet. I have seen snow in April as I am sure you have. :lol:

I studied Herpetology a little in college but that was here in Florida and was a regional study, I get out of the Southeast and I am lost. If you do eventually get a photo I hope I am still here.

I was grilling ribs over the weekend and must have been sitting very still for a long time. This female Brown Anole lizard thought I would make a good perch to hunt from. :)
    DSCN7899A_640.jpg

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Interesting and stranger things have happened. I left New England in 1983 and had never seen a Wild Turkey or a Coyote. Now they seam to be every where up there. The Turkeys were reintroduced about the same time I left, the Coyotes have pushed east on there own probably with the lose of other predators in the area. My major in college was Environmental Resource Analysis which lends itself to biodiversity and it's distribution. I never found work in the field but still find it very interesting. :)

Blair

• MemphisQue
    MemphisQue Posts: 610
    Options
    It is amazing the movement of animals outside traditional ranges or perhaps back to their historical ranges. We have nutria that can survive winters here. They are rodents that came up from S. America via the port in New Orleans. We also have aligators beginning to show up in our area.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

When I first came down here in the late '60s there seamed to be nutria every where. At least we were seeing them dead in the road everywhere. Now I never see them . . . then again our gator population is doing great! There may be a good correlation there. LOL.

It also seams very strange that in all the years that I have lived here I have seen/smelled 1 skunk and it was dead in the road. I used to see Armadillo but haven't seen one in years.

Hmmmm . . . gators and nutria in Memphis? . . . I would hate to say Global Warming but . . . who knows?

The changes are strange, I would love to get paid to research them. :lol:

Blair

• Boombotty
    Boombotty Posts: 39
    Options
    I found this one out hopping around the other night :)

IMG_0146.jpg
  • jurisdoc
    jurisdoc Posts: 77
    Options
    That my friend is a Dinner Frog. Best when marinated and grilled. :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    the grey one i posted will turn green in the grass, the skins not smooth like the other one mickey posted though. dont know if the little peepers turn green, they are smooth skinned and more skinney/ leggey
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Mickey we get them here specially after the rainy season
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    Hang on to him so he can be our mascot this weekend. I think he's one of the 8000 that read the blog and just showed up a few days early... :laugh: :P :laugh: :woohoo: :lol:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    We sent those from Georgia, as a thank you for the Armadillo's. Ya'll got the better ned of the deal.