Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st pizza on mini, artichoke app, and gasket issue

MusicMan78
MusicMan78 Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cleaned tips and steamed for 15 minutes, then cut into halves and cleaned some more. Coated with EVOO and salt/pepper.

On mini getting happy
DSC00560.jpg

Finished product, cooked about 400 indirect, 10 minutes cut side up and 5 minutes once flipped. They came out great and really didn't need the dipping sauce that we made.
DSC00562.jpg

Here are some pizza pics
DSC00569.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

Notice the lack of color on the top of the crust. Had a problem maintaining a good cook temperature because this cook FRIED my gasket causing alot of heat to leak out the sides. First pizza smelled a bit funny and when I checked there was melted gasket everywhere. This is whats left.

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

So guess what I'm doing tomorrow....anyone have some tips regarding an all copper gasket. Gonna try to make a jig of some sort similar to one I saw on another post.

DSC00574.jpg

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I think it was Frank who made the jig.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I used the Ultra Copper with a Rutland gasket on the bottom of my large. I has worked out great and I've gotten it fairly hot with no melting issues. I will do the same with my mini this summer.

What did you use to get an indirect setup on your mini? I'd like to make little pizzas just as you did.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • MusicMan78
    MusicMan78 Posts: 182
    Bought the mini woo from the Ceramic Grill Store and then the two pack of 8.5 inch pizza stones from Amazon. Total cost of around 100 bucks but it's well worth it. Not only does it turn your mini into a pizza machine if you just use the bottom stone with grid on top level then you have a perfect indirect setup for cooking many different foods.

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00581.jpg
  • Thanks a lot for the pics. I might do the same as I use my mini a lot. BTW - I loved The Fab Five on ESPN even though you beat us in the Final 4. They were very exciting to watch.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY