Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First real cook

IQthere4iamIQthere4iam Posts: 106
edited 1:20PM in EggHead Forum
Well I did it, I just completed my first sucessful 5 hour cook :woohoo:

With the help from some fellow eggheads I was able to get temp on without much trouble. Stayed spot on 275 for 4.5 hours then finished at 335 for 30 minutes basting with sauce.

done

IMG_0230.JPG

The Finish
IMG_0231.JPG

Thanks for all the help

Comments

• Nice bones

Suggestion - Wrap your platesetter with some HDAF to keep it clean
  • IQthere4iamIQthere4iam Posts: 106
    Good call, I actually thought of that after the fact....next time
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,480
    Welcome and looks good....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• nice ribs B)

gee, that gasket will never be as pretty as they are new :pinch:

Welcome and looking forward to more pics :)
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,002
    Great looking ribs and equally great photos!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,164
    Nice looking ribs. Suggestion: If you wrap some heavy duty aluminum foil over the platesetter you will find clean up easier and there will not be an acrid flavor after some cooks.
    I change the foil when it gets messy about 4-6 cooks depending on the drip and burn factor.
  • IQthere4iamIQthere4iam Posts: 106
    Thanks! This damn egg is really becoming and addiction...I cant stop thinking (read bragging) about it.
  • MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
    Nice looking ribs. I do the same thing with the foil on the placesetter. It does help in cleanup.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Well....,you're first cook looks REAL YUMMEE!.Like others have said,HDAF is your friend.So are disposable aluminum drip pans.If you use a drip pan be sure to put some sort of spacer between the pan and the platesetter.It will help keep drippings from burning in the pan. ;) BTW,Welcome to the Magical Kingdom. :laugh:
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,793
    A clink of the snifter glass to your first cook and a lift of the glass to many more!
    Large, small and mini SW Austin