Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

plate setter-why

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what is the reason for using a plate setter

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    robroo,
    the plate setter creates a ceramic barrier between your heat source (the fire) and what you are cooking, basically turning your egg into an oven for indirect cooking. . .while you can achieve the same result with a couple of grids, and firebricks or other stuff, the plate sitter is specifically designed for your egg. . .you use it when doing lo and slos (briskets, butts, ribs, etc) ... .when roasting or baking dishes. ..baking pizzas or breads, etc. . i'll bet i use mine in somewhere between 65 - 75% of my cooks. . ..and if you look at what people are cooking on the forum, and when they describe their setups, i'l bet more than half the time there is a plate setter involved. . .[p]get one, its an important investment in really using your egg to its utmost potential