Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Legs in the or air kama sutra chicken

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok looks like this is the popular cook this week! Neil had to modify our chicken cooker too LOL cut off the top and squeezed in the bars and they worked like pins to hold the bird right were I wanted her!
IMAG0392.jpg
I rubbed her with a little EVO and dusted her lightly with Dizzy Pigs Jamaican firewalk and then did a little bondage to hold the legs and wings.
IMAG0394-1.jpg
IMAG0395-1.jpg
made some stuffing with some fresh herbs from the planters and filled the very bottom of the bird with a slice of tangerine. grated a little zest into the stuffing too.
tucked a bouquet of herbs into her wings to make her pretty and smell extra good as she roasted from the eggs passion.
IMAG0398-1.jpg
IMAG0399-1.jpg
Ok maybe that is over board LOL but she sure looks good! and smells even better! Giant baked taters and tossed salad filled the rest of the plate. very good dinner.
IMAG0384-1.jpg
oh yeah, when we were out in the boat for a ride this afternoon we came across an XL on a deck... with a bottle of lighter fluid on the bottom shelf :(

Comments

• MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Options
    Look CUTE!
    Marc
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Bird looks great Julie!! I think you guys need to knock on the door of the xl owners and do some educating. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mainegg
    Options
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL Molly, Neil turned the boat around and went back by the house to make sure it was lighter fluid... he wanted to tie up at the dock and go right in and start a class :P
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Now that is one sexy umm I mean tasty looking bird.... ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Legs in the air? Bondage? :huh: :huh: :laugh:
    I hope you added that XL to your adoption pursue list ;)
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    food looks good..

swipe their lighter fluid and leave them a box of fire starters ;)
    context is important :)
  • Mainegg
    Options
    or swipe XL and leave them a webber
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I think I might have to figure out where they are by road and maybe pay a visit... it was an XL.... and the only way I am going to get one now is adopted or rescued and I really think the egg police would call this one a necessary rescue! LIGHTER fluid....
    Some how I do not think I can sneak up in my kayak and get that sucker loaded on it and paddle home... and convince Neil that the Easter Bunny brought us one hell of a big egg LOL
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Kim, you and Ginny should try it out.... the chicken I mean the chicken :blush:
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,516
    Options
    Julie,

thanks for redeeming me with this post, i thought i was in the dog house with the way Bordello responded to my modified chicken stand post yesterday and none of the ladies responded :whistle:

glad to see my crazy idea worked, the chicken looks fantastic. question: did you cook that direct with no tray under the stand and no p/s? if so, wouldn't the breast cook too fast? i plan to try it tonight but would be embarrassed to post pix of my usually ho-hum cook after seeing your masterpiece :blush:

btw, you're missing the whip :woohoo:

Gary
    canuckland
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL Gary, I had a long branch of rosemary that I flicked at it once in a while :blush:;)
    and yes it was direct. We have an adj rig for our large and I had the bars set half way up on it. I had one of the mini pizza stones on the bottom shelf all the way back and that was under the bakers as they were so big I wanted them indirect. You can not see it in the pic of them cooking on the egg.the bird was more forward so to be direct. I had a ton of little lump so never got the temp about 325 or so. And it took a little longer to cook. but there was not much drippage onto the lump and not hardly nay nasty chicken fat smoke. I was really surprised. all in all I would do it again.
    HA HA :laugh: and I am the last person anyone should be intimated to post after :woohoo: I am a very basic simple cook. not even close to the league of many on here.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    It looks perfect, Julie.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Julie. :laugh: :ohmy: Great photos sure it tasted terrific
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    That looks fabulous, Julie. All this talk about legs in the air chicken....I might just have to give it a shot.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hey, :laugh:
    I'm sitting here debating if I should even reply to legs in the air and bondage all in one post and still keep Mrs. Julie talking to me. :whistle:

Regards,
    Bordello :silly:
  • Bordello
    Options
    :)
    Hi Mrs. Julie,
    I must say you have a way about you and all I can guess is it has something to do with dat der Hooker Inc. thing ya got going.

Sure is a sexy little chick ya have der. Think I better stop right here so I don't end up on your mud list.

Really,
    She is one pretty chick. Did you find it better the the other direction??? May have to try (I'm LOL) that myself. :whistle:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Ha Ha I wondered how long you could hold out on posting
    ;) Just to to many options there for you Bob :whistle:
  • Mainegg
    Options
    It was good. carving was a little weird. we left it on the stand and I nicked my knife into it :angry: I knew better, it just was to hot to pull off and we were hungry. spachcocked is my fav still, but if I had to do one on a upright roaster i would do it like this rather than right side up.the breast was super juicy and the thighs were done perfect. it would have cooked much faster if I had not stuffed it too. all in all I would give it a 9.
  • Bordello
    Options
    :)
    Thank goodness, yer still talking to me. :laugh:
    Glad to hear you liked it that way and would do it again. Sorry to hear of knife nick, hope it's O.K.

She was a beautiful sight sitting there, you do nice work Mrs. Julie, dat der Hooker thing is doing you wonders. Keep up the good work and I love your picture's.

Hope you have a great week.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Very pretty. Love the name of the recipe - kama sutra chicken - :laugh: I might have to borrow that one. I like to make up menu cards when we have dinner parties. That one would really get the party started. Perhaps in the wrong direction though. :woohoo:

I've never cooked a bird with stuffing inside. I'm afraid to do it! Sure looks purty though. Love the fresh sage, parsley, and tarragon sticking out the top.

Very nicely done and looks like a perfect meal.
  • Bordello
    Options
    Dear Dimple's Mom,
    That would be the right direction to my way of thinking so go for it. :laugh:

Mrs. Julie did a great job of dressing her up for the party, she does nice work. Now if only she could snag that XL from the lighter fluid people she could do a turkey hen and dress her up too. :cheer:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Doh.... :ohmy: :pinch: :cheer:
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,516
    Options
    haha Bordello i was wondering how long can you keep your mouth shut when the topic is right up your alley :P
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Bordello
    Options
    I held back as long as I could. :whistle: I was going to jump right in butt thought maybe I should hold off.

Sure is a pretty chick like that. :whistle:

Cheers,
    Bordello
    Trying to behave
  • Mainegg
    Options
    OK it is only 12:30 and I have not even had a glass of wine yet today... But I am just thinking along the lines of that dinner party.... for drinks.. "sex on the beach?" party game?? strip poker? Goodness I might have my first post deleted on here LOL
  • Bordello
    Options
    :laugh:
    Mrs. Julie,
    Have a glass of wine and then post some more. No, we don't want you banned. :silly:

Cheer to Sex on the Beach or anywhere. :P

Enjoy you wine when you do have it.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Very nice chicken
    Gotta feel bad for the lighter fluid guy :sick:
    Although Dad always made a great lighter fluid burger :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shane
  • Bordello
    Options
    :laugh:
    LMAO That is Sooooooooooo cute.

Great job.

Cheers,
    Bordello