Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

CNN: Pick a man by his winning culinary style

Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,986
edited 12:40PM in EggHead Forum
Saw this article on CNN online, and loved this snippet:

Barbecue Man
The barbecue is where the culinary world and unbridled masculinity meet. I don't think there is a stronger symbol of sexiness than a man at the helm of a bristling hot grill, especially when said man knows what he's doing. I could easily flip for a guy who can flip a filet mignon. If this man can also hustle up some grilled veggies, a salad and a bottle of good wine then the date is in the bag, or at least in my book.

The guy who can't wait to show you his skills behind a hot griddle, is your Steak and Two Veg type. A dining traditionalist who might have varying degrees of gourmet sophistication but he is generally a provider and a protector. There is something incredibly primal that bespeaks to our origins as hunter-gatherers about the barbecue. And there is nothing like the open flame to get some sparks flying. If a guy shows competency at the hot coals, then no doubt he will be a keeper.

PRIMAL...that's it!!!!

The whole article is at http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/17/pick.men.dining.habits/index.html?hpt=Sbin
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great article Judy, the author Babe Scott obviously knows of what she speaks and has probably been researching the topic for a long, long time. She certainly looks qualified! :cheer:

Babe Scott
    BabeScott.jpg

I bet she would have fun at an egg fest! :laugh:

Blair