Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cheese stuffed meatballs

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know that it's been a while since I last posted a cook,but I've been busy trying to keep my head above water :pinch: Anyway,I received a free sample from The Rub Co,so I decided to try it out on some cheap meat first :P I used ground chuck,stuffed with mozzarella cheese.Then I rubbed them with Santa Maria style rub.They were a pretty good snack for me and Carson this afternoon :woohoo: These were cooked on the mini at about 300* with some apple wood.I know that the pics aren't great,but my dslr is on the fritz,so I'm stuck with my little point and shoot :pinch:

138.jpg

140.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

148.jpg

150.jpg

154.jpg

157.jpg

160.jpg

"Little Big'un" (Cameron) even came out to enjoy the beautiful weather and hang out with daddy :)

153.jpg

Thanks for lookin,and have a great weekend B)
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks great doug....

he is getting sooooo big

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks buddy ;)
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hahaha beautiful Sparky boy Jr. Big'un must be proud Listen Sparks, those are the biggest balls I've seen on the forum well done. :laugh:
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    it made me smile to see a post from you Doug :) and then to see your handsome little boy is even better! oh and meatballs looked good too
    ·
    HAHAHA,thanks Beli.They are some pretty big balls eh :laugh:
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    Looking good my friend. Hope things are getting under control. I know the feeling. Is Cameron eating meat yet?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Thanks Julie,I'm really gonna miss see'in y'all next month.I'm sure that you'll have plenty of fun without me though :whistle: :laugh:
    ·
    Thanks buddy,we're tryin to get everything under control,but it's gonna take a while for sure :) Cameron is only 5 months old(22 pounds) :ohmy: ,so no meat for him just yet :P
    ·
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 525
    doug, they look great.... was the cheese in block form or shredded form.... have to try that.... simple but looks mighty tasty
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Cameron is getting big and so cute Doug! Good to see you post. Nice snack. ;)
    ·
    Thanks "fool" :lol: I just put a big chunk of cheese in there,but alot of it leaked out :pinch: I need to learn how to make a better sealed meatball :P They are simple and delicious :)
    ·
    Thanks Molly ;)
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,305
    Sparky, what a great idea, they look great. Cute little bugger too you've got there
    ·
    Thanks Marc,I think that we're gonna keep this one :P
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,039
    How long did you leave those on? Those are some large balls as have already been referenced. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
    Hey Scott,I left those "large balls" on there just long enough to get to 160* internal temp.Maybe an hour(3 beers)or so :whistle: :laugh:
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Now those are what I call meatballs!!

Last month some of my buddies made sausage that had high temperature cheese in it. It was my first home made sausage with this cheese and I am really hooked. During the first sample we all realized how neat this stuff would be in meat balls, meatloaf or just in hamburgers. Here is what it looks like, it gets really soft, but not runny. (oh, the green stuff in there are roasted green chiles)

DSC01559racrop.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
    That looks delicious :woohoo: I need to try a higher temp cheese to keep the leaking to a minimum :ohmy:
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Imagine the ratio stayed the same on your balls and that were an Xl instead of a mini! Lil Big'un is looking cool!
    ·
    HAHA,those would be 12 pound balls :ohmy: Thanks big brotha Todd :)
    ·
  • GrumpsGrumps Posts: 182
    Great looking meatballs, cute kid and awesome SpaghettiOs shirt!
    ·
    HAHA,You're the first one to notice my awesome shirt :P
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    He is a handsome lad!Those meatballs look GREAT!
    ·
  • Great pic's! The little man is surely a future BGE'er like Daddy! Pass it on
    BGE'er since 1996
    Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Hey dude what a awesome picture of you and Cameron, Sabrina think he is so cute. Oh yea good looking meat da balls. Good Eats ;)
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Your helper is growing up :ohmy:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Sparky, what was the diameter of those stuffed meatballs? They look good!

Love the pic of little Cameron :) and you really rock in that tee shirt, love it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I want one.
    ·