Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Enhanced Butts

Matt
Matt Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...and I don't mean silicone!

My wife just came back from the store with two pork butts that have been enhanced with 12% solution (not such a good buy after all, eh?) and I'm not sure what to do. I had planned to make barbecue for some neighbors who've had a tough run of it, but I'm worried it won't work. I know this has been discussed here before, but my searches only turned up a few scattered posts. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Matt

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Have you egged butts before? If so , the only difference should be in cooking time.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Biggest problem is timing and seasoning since the "enhanced" cuts of pork most of the time have some sort of seasoning in them. As long as you aren't trying to turn a preseasoned bbq cut and make it citrus, you should be ok. Just keep an eye on your temps.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.