Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pineapple Head squash with sides

Scotty's InfernoScotty's Inferno Posts: 624
edited 6:18AM in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner was a tasty mix. Butternut squash covered in butter & DP Pineapple Head, portabellos soaked in balsamic vinegar, Kielbasa & Italian sausage. It couldn't have been any easier to prepare & cook!!:
003.JPG
005.JPG
Cheers, Scott

Comments

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Exactly how did you do the squash? I want to try that. :)
  • Ther you go... ;)
    Squash, the new, old hippy food!
  • I just used a little salt and rub, then cooked it direct with the skin down at 300 for 45 minutes or until the thickest part of the squash was tender. There's no magic to the temp though, as I have done them at 400 too. Scott
  • That's funny, and true!
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Scotty it's nice to see different types of food being cooked on the Egg besides just meat. Good Eats ;)
  • Love the squash. It's very underrated in my opinion.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • When you've been egging as long as we have, you gotta switch things up!
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    What a nice variety of shapes and colours. Randy