Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fred's Franks

boston_stoker
boston_stoker Posts: 794
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For you MA Eggers, the bge hot dog man opens soon.....

I just got this in an e-mail.

Hello Everyone,

Well, we're coming out of hybenation! Winter is over and what about that melt-down! WOW! I never thought that the snow would have melted so quickly. Our opening day will be this Friday March 18th! As the new owner of Fred's Franks, I look forward to seeing all of you again or meeting those of you whom I haven't met as of yet. Please come up and introduce yourself to me. I'm the good looking Italian one with the big nose.

I sincerely hope that your experience at Fred's Franks will continue to be a pleasant one! Leave your troubles behind for half-an- hour while you are enjoying your hot dog. I found a new Kielbasa that I think is better than the one we served last year. Give it a try and let me know which YOU think is better. This one isn't as fatty as the other, but, some folks like the fat.

Please, please, please, let me know if you get duplicate emails or you no longer would like to receive them and I will remove you from our list.
I spent this winter cleaning up the mailing list, but, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So let me know how I did.

BTW... we've added a 2nd Big Green Egg which I hope will cut the waiting time in half. Please spread the word! I will also be introducing hot and sweet sausages with grilled peppers and onions. Should be fantastic!

See you soon!
Carl Galasso
Owner of Fred's Franks

Comments

• WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Nice to hear that things are on the up-n-up for Fred's Franks. I was curious, when I heard that it was sold last fall, what would happen this year. And a second egg, he will be busy hopping from egg to egg filling orders.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    hmmmm, no mention by name of still serving Pearl's brand dogs, but surely if he has taken over Fred's biz he wouldn't mess with success would he?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    doesn't matter. as long as I can still get them. :) just bought a two pound vac pac yesterday. grocery store 3 miles away - and on the way home from work. eat your heart out, Ron! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    LOL - actually we still have half of our last shipment still frozen.
    IMG_0839.jpg

Kinda like what stike says as long as the frozen meat is protected it is safe for a long time! Each time I open a new frozen package I then repackage the rest in FoodSaver bags. Now...granted you didn't have the shipping costs that I did, but so be it! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :P ...split buns too,no doubt! :angry:;)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    of course. though I couldn't find the long ones. No problemo. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut