Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT: Modernist Cuisine

gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,

Just a small cry of anguish...

:( :( :( :( :(

Last August, I pre-ordered the immense cookbook, "Modernist Cuisine," and have patiently waited month after month while various delays kept the book from shipping.

For those who may know little about this, the 1st printing is 3000 volumes, but the 1st shipment was a mere 500. I thought I just might be one of the lucky early receivers. I checked last Wed., and saw that it was not shipped, but was supposed to have shipped the day before. Today, I happened to check my e-mail, and saw that Amazon had sent me a mail 25 hours earlier, saying I had 24 hours to remedy a problem with my payment method.

Arghh, last December, while out shopping, my wife lost our credit card, and we had another issued to us. I completely forgot the MC order.

So I re-ordered, and seem to have made it under the wire to get into the 1st printing. But the long wait is toooo much. Talk about lo-n-slo! I'll be melted by the time I get this thing.

Comments