Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Last nights filets

FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited 5:53PM in EggHead Forum
Picked up a couple of nice looking filets at the butcher. In the past, some have been a little on the bland side, so this time I tried a quick marinade. Put them in soy, worchester, lemon juice, garlic & shallot for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile I thinly sliced a big red potato.
IMAG0255.jpg

Topped the potato with some butter, parmesan, s & p and rosemary.
IMAG0256.jpg

Halved a tomato from the Farmer's Market and topped that with evoo, bread crumbs & parmesan. Put the potato on for about 45 minutes at 400, added the tomatoes and the steaks the last 15 minutes.
IMAG0257.jpg

Pulled the steak off to rest after about 4 minutes a side. Everything plated! The pic was taken with my Droid, so not great color, but the steak was cooked to perfection for us.
IMAG0258.jpg

Comments

• jkinzeljkinzel Posts: 21
    Ohh, That looks so good.
  • BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    That really looks good. I like that kind of meal.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,678
    you got it working, nice job. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Very nice!!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great dinner Teresa!!
    You probably have farmers markets year round. This time of year I start jonesing for local produce. I wanted some grapefruit, the ones at the store today were the size of oranges... :ermm:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,614
    That looks good. Our farmers market will not start till the first week of May.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Actually, ours closes in July and August, too hot! E-mail me your address again, I may have some nice grapefruits for ya, fresh from the tree.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Really!!! :) :)
    Thanks Teresa!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    No problem. Lots of folks around here can't eat them because of cholesterol meds!
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Man does that look Tasty!! I have a great wine that is brggin to join that meal!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    Thanks Dale. Have a nice bottle of pinot noir breathing to go with the Indonesian lamb we're having tonight. I am bummed that we won't be able to make the So. Cal. fest in May. Larry's daughter is getting married that day!
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    A great looking meal - thanks for posting the details about the potato. :)
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    rocking meal there.
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    You will be missed but that is a great reason to miss,tell Larry congrats!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Fantástico Teresa ;)