Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini green egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large green egg and have just purchased a mini. What are other mini owners use thiers for?

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Kevin Wingate,
    We use Eggbert primarily for grilling, but he does a good job on ribs (rolled) and small pork shoulders. The only drawback to low and slow is the reduced lump capacity.[p]Ken

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Kevin Wingate,
    You can see many examples of cooks on the mini egg on my website, in the "Cooks" section..there may be some items in the tips section also...HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    f0cb.jpg?phsrOCCBI9fQLl6O
    <p />Kevin Wingate,
    I like thick pork chops and steaks on the mini egg.
    Larry

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Kevin Wingate,[p]Here's a few things I use my Mini for:[p]pr05sear3.JPG[p]chopsonmini.JPG[p]pchops05-1.JPG[p]searing2.JPG[p]medrare.JPG[p]sausagesmini.jpg[p]grilled%20plantains.JPG[p]I probably use my Mini more than any of my other Eggs. You're going to love it!![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Kevin Wingate,[p]Cooking stuff.
    Couple of small chix breasts, small steaks a few wings and drummies.
    Anything that will fit and when I'm not in the mood to fire up the big guy.

• Mac  in NC
    Options
    Kevin Wingate,[p]I'm not sure who to give credit for this, but one gentleman here on the forum uses the mini to build his fire in order to "cold smoke" salmon in his large. He has the mini vent connected to the large vent by way of a dryer tube and this way only the smoke and a small amount of heat reaches the fish. Brilliant concept and probably the most ingenious use of the mini yet. Can someone help me here with a pic and who it was? [p]Mac