Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday Night Pork Chops

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited 7:37AM in EggHead Forum
Got home this afternoon and lit the eggs, here are the small and mini, ready to be of service:

P3054188.jpg

Getting up to temp~

P3114207.jpg

The mini girl roasting some peppers:

P3114214.jpg

Here is tonight's sunset for you, Beli, not nearly as colorful as when there are clouds as in the summertime~

P3114211.jpg

See the sunset reflecting off of the glass office buildings~

P3114210.jpg

2 inch thick double chops, sorry but photobucket won't let me turn them the right way!

P3114218.jpg

On the egg:

P3114219.jpg

Plated with some sauteed spinach and mushrooms, along with the roasted peppers:

P3114221.jpg

Here I am standing on a dining room chair to get everything in the pic, YES, I know I have lost my mind!!!!

P3114222.jpg

This is what pork chops look like when pulled at 135 and rested 15 minutes:

P3114225.jpg

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
·

Comments

• BTW, this is the newest member of the FGG family, you will see her hangin out in future posts!

P3114209.jpg
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,393
    Holy pig that chop is fat!!! Love the new swine mascot Faith!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Incredible! Steak for breakfast, killer pork chops for dinner - and a fabulous sunset to boot. Life is grand at your house. (Love the pig)! :)
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,166
    Great looking cook, Faith. But what else is new?

Oh, and yellow T-pens are faster. :)

5518363755_2f94ec793e_b.jpg

:)
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,611
    Faith:

That thick pork chop is my dream pork chop! What was that sauce in the bowl of chops in the sideways picture?

And please take it from me, and this is definitive, that the HOT PINK Thermapen is the fastest of all! And it's so easy to spot when kitchen stuff starts piling up when you're in a hurry.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Gosh Faith. Cindy and I are sitting here looking at your nice cook. :P Good thing I got this laptop all I had to do is turn it on it's side. I had mind cut one inch think. You got a lot of eating there. :P

I got to get up and ride for charity with the Masons and Shriners in the morning. We are raising money for children burn ctr. or something like that. Morning temps in the 40's with highs in the 60's. I'll be bundled up in full leathers all day. Cindy has to stay home she had the first of two minor oral surgery's to correct an small issue with her gums. Enjoy your evening. :)
    ·
    I Like your pig B)
    ·
    Black T-pen is in! :woohoo:
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Faith those are some great sunset shots and the food looks fabulous!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    LOVE that pig Faith! You done ate good today, chops look great.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Faith BEAUTIFUL sunset & shops....I could always have a sunset but I'm not always hungry. :laugh: ;) :) TKS mi amiga
    ·
  • Judy, that is Mojo Criollo. Find it in the hispanic section of your supermarket. And that is a RED Thermopen~and it is plenty fast!
    ·
  • Thank you for turning it, Michael.
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Faith...Now THAT is the perfect chop! Nicely done, and beautiful meal! ;)
    ·
  • Nice cook. Nice post. Nice scenery.
    Thanks!
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    holy crap faith those are some huge chops!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Faith we need a name for the mascot.
    Good looking post as always...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Faith,
    Great post
    Love your dedication to getting the plated pic :laugh:
    That chop looks amazing :)

Shane
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

The chops look as good as your breakfast, just add a couple of those over light eggs! WOW! :laugh:

Great post as usual Faith, isn't egging in Florida fantastic?

Blair

·
  • Yes, Blair, egging this time of year is fantastic. Wait til you see the eggathon I am putting on tomorrow!
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Great chops, Faith.

Love the water view!!!!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    Faith,

Beautiful! The chops look so moist.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·