Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT-Japan quate and subsequent tsunami

NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
edited 6:18AM in EggHead Forum
I think everyone has seen the news by now about the 8.9 quake in Japan by now. Very crazy scene with many deaths. Tsunami is hitting Hawaii now. Turn on FOX or whatever your favorite news stations is.

If your a praying person...pray for the folks dealing with this now.

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    All our West Coast friends and Hawaii please keep your watch up.
    Our thoughts are with you.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    this is crazy.

Video shows 1st wave hitting hawaii http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/03/11/tsunami

The damage in Japan is horrific.
    context is important :)
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    This brings back memories of the early 60's. The sirens went off during the night. All the aircraft at Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station were circling in the area because the runway was only a few feet above sea level. The emergency radio broadcast ticked off the times that the tsunami would reach each island down the chain. Fortunately, it didn't amount to much once it got there. Hopefully, this time won't be bad either.
    The Naked Whiz
  • EgginTigerEgginTiger Posts: 101
    prayers for all those affected
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Truly amazing! Prayers to all affected, having seen about 27 hurricane seasons down here my first thought is "There but for the grace of God go I" my second thought is for those not as fortunate to be as safe. :(

Blair

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,718
    does everyone in florida drive to the beach to see the hurricane like they do up here
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    My sentiments exactly. I am watching the coverage on Fox News, and thanking God for all of my blessings - also asking for his grace and mercy for those affected by this disaster.

Hahahaha, many do but not this one. Depending on the storm I may be running like hell for cover. You have to pay to park at the beaches here and I have seen enough hurricanes to last me a life time. If they would warm it up for me I'd move to Colorado or New Mexico! :lol:

Blair

Sorry! :blush: