Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib, bone-in Pork Chops

Options
Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Read this technique in Cook Illustrated (America's Test Kitchen email). They sauced at the end, but we wanted just a rub only.

Rubs applied to both sides - Shaking the Tree on the left one and Richard FL's Holy Smoking Chipotle on the right one (this was my first cook with the HSC rub :) ).
This technique called for running skewers through the chops just above the bone, thus cooking them on their edge - 250*, indirect. Used a handful of dried fig tree twigs:
DSC_0454.jpg

When they reached 125-128* internal, I removed the skewers as well as the drip pan and seared them for about 3 minutes per side. They were 138-140* internal. Rested 5 minutes or so.
DSC_0455.jpg

Sorry - no plating pics - The Princess was frustrated with taking pics, :angry: , on the last cook, so I just brought them in and served them up.

They were really juicy and good - especially Richard's Rub - THANKS !! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comments