Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dead forum chickie cook

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited 1:02AM in EggHead Forum
We have a simple baked potato and chicken breast going here tonight. ;)

Thought I'd break the silence. :ermm:

Hope everyone is doing very well tonight. :)

I know we all are suffering from cabin fever. :woohoo:

Just think Spring is only 10 days away :woohoo: so, try to keep a civil tongue. :P

Cruising at 400F

000_2606.jpg

Up high in the dome on top of the rig extender.

000_2607.jpg

If you look close the sweet rub is getting to much heat. :blush:

000_2609.jpg

Comments

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    That trumps tonights spaghetti for sure!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Hope your supper is as good as mine. :P

000_2612.jpg

000_2613.jpg
    Thanks Tony but, I'm sure your spaghetti was very good. ;)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Tim, I like my baked taters with cottage cheese and s/p. It's the only way I eat cottage cheese.
    Where are your greens boy?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Potato plants were green and so, were the pepper corns. :evil: :whistle:
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Spuds and birds, sounds good. We use Idaho spuds out this way. I don't think I have ever tasted a sweet potato...

Sweet taters are great. I bake them till done and fix them with S&P and butter. :P

We have Idaho and Russet and I don't know what else. :)
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Fresh Idaho spuds (russets) are fantastic!!! The stuff you get from the stores are usually the previous season spuds, but to get fresh one has to go visit one of the farmers or know someone who is bring them in.

Now you have me wanting to make a potato bar this evening. Guess I better go out and start the mini up.

GG
    Enjoy Kent :P
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Split Breast.Our fave chicken.Kroger has Sanderson Farms Sp/Bst on sale this week.$.99 /lb.I stopped and bought 4 packs today! :woohoo: :P Yours look GREAT!BTW,the sale lasts through next Tuesday. ;)
    Thanks Hoss. They are soooo good cooked to perfection. To bad that didn't happen tonight but, still great. ;)
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Very nice,thanks for sharing.Randy