Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for .......

Options
EggerinMO
EggerinMO Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There was a recipe posted awhile back on how to make pot pies out of left over turkey? Does anyone have that handy…
L and MM

Egging in the Ozarks

Comments

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    eggerinMO,
    I posted one just after Thanksgiving. It's in the 2004 archives, but to save you the trouble...[p]Yup, that's the easy way to get rid of those turkey leftovers. Cut up some taters and carrots, some chunks of turkey, and throw in some leftover veggies or get some frozen peas, corn, lima beans, and what have you. Make a roo (sp?) of 3 tbsp butter and 3 tbsp flour, add some stock and half and half (leftover turkey gravy works if you have it) to make a nice cream sauce, toss in all the turkey and veggies, stir it up and pour it in a store-bought pie crust in a deep dish pan. Cover it with another pie crust, poke a few holes, and bake for an hour and fifteen minutes. Carpe Ovum and I ate half a nine inch deep dish tonight between the two of us, and it was eggcelent! Give it a try! Beats the hell out of "flaming turkey wings..."[p]Happy aftermath![p]Kelly

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]You want a simple and tasty variation...[p]Instead of potatoes, grill some 'Tater Tots in your egg with a little smoke and put them in the pot pie. Umm, if there are any left over to make it to the pot pie.[p]BOB
  • BBQBluesStringer,[p]Thanks I searched the archive but the search system works sometimes and other times not