Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Michael Ruhlman

Options
Vincent Chase
Vincent Chase Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been a huge fan of this guy since my dad bought me his book 'Ratio' last year. I've have two other books he's written (The Making of a Chef, The Reach of a Chef) and his book on charcuterie will be the next one I buy. I look at him as sort of an authority when it comes to 'food stuff' and enjoy his blog and Twitter posts. He's referenced a lot on this forum so I wanted to point out a kick ass site he's involved with.

The website is called OpenSky and it's basically an online store with respected members of particular fields who recommend products they personally use, and Ruhlman is one of them. Every week, each of these 'curators' offer a really insane deal - since I've followed Ruhlman, some of the best deals he has offered were a 7.5 qt Le Creuset French Oven for $160 and a 27lb Boo's Block cutting board for $60. He's had instant read thermometers, knives, etc, as part of his weekly deal as well. It's kind of like a Woot.com for Michael Ruhlman, except it's once a week.

If you guys are interested, you can sign up to receive an e-mail when his weekly deal is announced. You don't get junk mail or anything from these guys either.

The link to sign up is:

http://promo.shopopensky.com/follow/michael-ruhlman/blap981145

As a full disclaimer, I'm not a Ruhlman shill, nor do I work for the company at all, just passing on what I feel is a great site with other fellow Eggers. If you use the link I provided, there will ultimately be a coupon for me for passing the word, but you can just go to opensky.com and sign up yourself if you don't want me to receive the credit. Hope this is cool to post on this forum, if not I can take it down.