Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini egg

The WalrusThe Walrus Posts: 35
edited 5:58PM in EggHead Forum
I have looked at pictures of big and mini eggs on the forum but then had a BGE dealer say that a mini egg is too small to be useful. For what do you owners of the mini egg use it? I am already considering the purchase of a second BGE to keep my medium egg company. Thanks to everyone on this forum. All of you influenced my decision to buy my first egg.

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    the walrus:[p]A couple of steaks, lamb chops, or lamb shanks, chicken wings for two, chicken breasts for chicken sandwiches, etc. Generally, the Mini is for medium to high temperature grilling for one or two. If you have a medium and you want versatility, consider a large for entertaining and "quantity" cooks. If the medium is sufficient, and you just have just two to cook for the Mini may be all you need . . .
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    the walrus,[p]I have a medium and a mini egg and love both of them, however I use the mini for ccoking (grilling) for myself, picnics, etc. I think the dealer told you correctly. The mini is not good for low and slow. I'd compare it more to a high tech habachi. It will get up in temp (for seared steaks and burgers) and does a great job, but is not a low & slow smoker.[p]Smokey

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    45510.htm
    <p />the walrus,
    This is a picture Earl posted awhile back showing how much you can cook on the mini at one time,it's a great little grill to tail gate with.
    YB

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Let's try it this way

[ul][li]Earl's mini[/ul]