Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed Pork Chops with Asparagus and Potato

DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have not posted in a while so here is a cook I did this evening. Everything turned out real well.

Ingredients...
DSC07948.jpg

DSC07950.jpg

DSC07951.jpg

Mushrooms, Onions, Shallots, Garlic, Chopped and cooked...
DSC07952.jpg

DSC07953.jpg

You can prep the chops while the stuffing is cooling. I have no picture but I also cut up the fresh spinach...
DSC07954.jpg

DSC07955.jpg

Stuff the chops with the spinach, onion mixture and feta cheese then salt and pepper then coat with Jacks Old South...
DSC07957.jpg

DSC07958.jpg

Place those aside and then slice new potato's in half and coat with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Parmesan Cheese...
DSC07959.jpg

DSC07960.jpg

Chops to the Egg!

DSC07963.jpg

DSC07961.jpg

DSC07962.jpg

While they are cooking you can prep the Asparagus with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper...
DSC07965.jpg

DSC07966.jpg

Once the chops have cooked for a while you can place the Asparagus on...
DSC07969.jpg

DSC07970.jpg

Everything Finished and Plated...
DSC07974.jpg

DSC07975.jpg

DSC07976.jpg

DSC07979.jpg

DSC07981.jpg

DSC07982.jpg

Thanks for checking it out...

See You guys later...
This is the greatest signature EVAR!
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    YUMMEE EATS DOC!!! A FINE job indeed. :)
    ·
  • Looks fantastic!
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    looks superb!...rr
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,298
    great looking cook. I almost turned up the volume on my computer cause it looks like the slits in the chops are singing something.....LOL.

I forgot how good asparagus is on the egg, thanks for the reminder. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Wow!
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great post, great photos and a great cook! Very nicely done Doc, thanks for sharing.

Blair

·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Oh Wow, that looks delicious! :) We have some thick sliced chops in the fridge for tomorrow night, I think I will try your recipe instead of just f=grilling them :cheer:
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,025
    Looks fantastic!! You gonna cook up some of those at the GA Mt. Fest?? :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Nice cook Doug!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Dern I'm gunna hafta get some chops out. :P

Yours look dam tasty. ;)
    ·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Great pics! Gat cook!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Wow Doctor.....that combines all my essential favorite food groups. YUM! :)
    ·
  • Good looking cook Doug. Stuffed a pork loin tonight myself, great minds thing alike I guess.

Doug
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Doug in Eggmonton wrote:
    Good looking cook Doug. Stuffed a pork loin tonight myself, great minds thing alike I guess.

Doug

All the Dougs' think great!
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    All right lets get the "great cook. Looks great" out of the way. I hear you may not be terrorizing under age minors with me at Oklahoma this year!! :ohmy: What's up with that? Chris is doing it up again. You got to show Doc!!
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    JLOCKHART29 wrote:
    All right lets get the "great cook. Looks great" out of the way. I hear you may not be terrorizing under age minors with me at Oklahoma this year!! :ohmy: What's up with that? Chris is doing it up again. You got to show Doc!!

I am working on it... I will do my best to be there to back you up brother.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,047
    You got right what I could not. I make the hole way to small. Thanks, see it better now...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Awesome looking chops and potatos there Doug, will see you soon. Good Eats
    ·
  • That looks like a great meal...
    And all the stuff I really like.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    If we were camping and you made that I would eat it.... ;) :) B)
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    GReat looking chops, did you use the spinach raw to stuff?
    Randy
    ·