Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Fish on Large

Options
Denbbq
Denbbq Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I plan to cook four whole snapper or sea bass indirect, 6 inches above regular grate. 425* for 15 minutes or so. Anyone have good experience with spices to fill cavity or rub on skin. Searched forum but didn't find anything interesting.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Here is one I posted a few days ago.

Clean and scale the fish very well.
    Season the inside and outside with a little salt and pepper or your best seafood seasoning and fill with a little mango salsa.
    Cook either high, raised grid or indirect at about 350.
    I have also sandwiched between a folded cheap mesh throw away grid. Makes it easy to flip if you want.
    Can also cut some slices in the fish and brush with butter.
    As long as you don't over cook it it's hard to go wrong.
    DSC00142packwithmangosalsa.jpg
    Some people even eat the eyes...
    DSC00162eatingfisheyeball.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Mike,
    I recently had a whole redfish cooked at a Lebanese restaurant ( in a wood-fired brick oven) that was great. She had whole garlic cloves and sliced lemons in the cavity and the gills. She also put gashes in the meat on the top side, placing sliced garlic and lemons in those cuts. She covered the whole thing, inside and out, with chopped, fresh cilantro. It was fantastic!