Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Sunday Asian Part Three - picture heavy

Doug in EggmontonDoug in Eggmonton Posts: 1,999
edited 1:32AM in EggHead Forum
Miranda had some of her friends over to watch movies last night including Max who is interested in cooking. I decided to wok with him.

My picture taker was a little erratic but we made:

Dumplings with Sichuan peppers
Spicy Stir Fried Long Beans
Chicken with Sichuan peppercorns
and served it all with rice

In JL's clever style

The Raws for the chicken

newcamera002-2.jpg

The raws for the dumplings

newcamera003-2.jpg

Max putting the dumpling filling together

newcamera004-1.jpg

Max and Miranda stuffing the dumplings

newcamera006.jpg

One level of my makeshift steamer

newcamera011.jpg

and on the plate

newcamera008-1.jpg

The beans in action, they get tossed with ground almonds, soy sauce and a few sliced fresh red thai chillies

newcamera010-2.jpg

and the chicken started

newcamera009-1.jpg

Some happy customers

newcamera012-1.jpg

Have a great day.

Doug

Comments

• Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks like a great time cooking
    Love dumplings, got me a craving now :)

Shane
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Great cook, Doug!

Love the pics including the kids!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Doug nice cook, great to have so many helping hands. Is that snow outside?? :ohmy:
  • Hi Doug. It all looks great, and I'm sure the kids loved it. Very cool that Max is interested in cooking and that you showed him something unusual but easy that he can make to impress the girls!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • Cool eats and happy judges Doug
  • It was fun.

Thanks

Doug
  • Thanks Clark.

Have a great day.

Doug
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Doug,

Nice cooks on a cold day. I swear, I have never bought long beans cause I thought they were too big to cook in anything :blush: Never thought about cutting them.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Yeah Beli, Spring has been extremely resistant. We are still running -20 in the mornings. Feet of freaking snow on the ground. Piles of it beside walkways and driveways higher than your head. We are getting quite frustrated around here,

Doug
  • Thanks Faith, it was fun.

Doug
  • Yeah, Max looks more than a little content sitting there doesn't he ;-)

Doug
  • Thanks Steve

The long beans have a different texture (firmer) than normal green beans but are generally in better shape and are easier to work with than them. I use them as much or more than the regular kind.

Doug
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    Doug, it's always a blast to cook with the kids! Besides, it sure keeps them out of trouble. :laugh:

The dumplings and the stirfry look fabulous ! :)
  • Thanks Rebecca, it's nice to have a protégé. That one does a good job of keeping herself out of trouble, we've been lucky that way.

Doug
  • i like max!!! ...and from that last pic, i'd say the boy is a "player"!!! :woohoo:
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Looks like a grand Asian time. Nice to see young folks getting skills honed. Randy
  • Doug,

Very Nice - what alot of work, though looks like the crew in your pictures had a really nice time!
  • Yeah and girl on the left of the "player" is my version of "spawn", Oh Oh....

Always good to have a Max around

Doug.
  • Thanks

Doug
  • It was fun, the pictures show all the work the kids were doing, but the whole time I was on the other side of the bar doing the Mise in Place for the beans and chicken.

Many hands made that an easier job than it would normally be.

Doug
  • nice !!! but be afraid ...be VERY afraid!! LOL ...
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Looks like you are keeping your culanary skills sharpened partner! Doreen's looking forward to seeing Randy again as well as I'm ready to knock a few back with you. B)
  • Us too buddy, see you soon!

Doug