Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

101- Indoors

BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
edited 5:35PM in EggHead Forum
The Small is setup to smoke Pastrami in the morning and my Large is in storage, so I decided to cook my chicken indoors tonight.

In a quest to become proficient at all the basics, I decided to make a pan cream sauce.

Getting back to the basics with Chicken, Green Beans, & Long Grain Rice. In Lieu of White Wine I'm using Broth and a shot of Cognac for Deglasing.
DSC05984.jpg

Getting stuff started in my Tamontina 10” tri-clad stainless steel pan, aka All-Clad knock off. For $30 it is a steal IMO.
DSC05985.jpg

“Getting close” as indicated by my trusty Thermapen.
DSC05987.jpg

Flavor
DSC05988.jpg

Deglasing Liquid doing its thing.
DSC05989.jpg

In with the Cream. Went a little overboard making it lighter in color than what I aimed for, but still delicious.
DSC05990.jpg

Bachelor tonight, candle Light Dinner for one. What a Loser. :laugh:
DSC05991.jpg
·

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,475
    Looks good, Ron! I cooked for one tonight as well. Grilled cheese sandwiches. Sorry, no pics. :laugh:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wonderful - it's always good to treat yourself! I'll bet the sauce was excellent - nice presentation too! :)
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Looks good Ron. I just said to someone the other day, Where's Ron?
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Hey Al, hope you and the girls are doing well.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    That is one FINE lookin meal my friend. :)
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Ron: Nice pan sauce!! Easy peasy, and nicely done! :) Great looking meal!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hey Ron my friend. Great looking meal & TKS for leaving the señoritas alone tonight ;)
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Ron, You must be in your right mind. It looks like your left handed. So am I.

You cook looks very tasty. I bet the chicken was melt in your mouth. :P
    ·
  • Looks like a fine meal. I've made some good stuff when I'm cooking alone too.. Usually I make a nice Chèvre chaud salad w/walnuts, cranberries and a nice dressing I made up. Some of those in my family don't like the Goat Cheese so I can live it up myself.
    ·