Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

101- Indoors

BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
edited 6:30PM in EggHead Forum
The Small is setup to smoke Pastrami in the morning and my Large is in storage, so I decided to cook my chicken indoors tonight.

In a quest to become proficient at all the basics, I decided to make a pan cream sauce.

Getting back to the basics with Chicken, Green Beans, & Long Grain Rice. In Lieu of White Wine I'm using Broth and a shot of Cognac for Deglasing.

Getting stuff started in my Tamontina 10” tri-clad stainless steel pan, aka All-Clad knock off. For $30 it is a steal IMO.

“Getting close” as indicated by my trusty Thermapen.

Deglasing Liquid doing its thing.

In with the Cream. Went a little overboard making it lighter in color than what I aimed for, but still delicious.

Bachelor tonight, candle Light Dinner for one. What a Loser. :laugh:

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 10,282
    Looks good, Ron! I cooked for one tonight as well. Grilled cheese sandwiches. Sorry, no pics. :laugh:

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Central Connecticut 

• elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wonderful - it's always good to treat yourself! I'll bet the sauce was excellent - nice presentation too! :)
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Looks good Ron. I just said to someone the other day, Where's Ron?
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Hey Al, hope you and the girls are doing well.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    That is one FINE lookin meal my friend. :)
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Ron: Nice pan sauce!! Easy peasy, and nicely done! :) Great looking meal!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Hey Ron my friend. Great looking meal & TKS for leaving the señoritas alone tonight ;)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Ron, You must be in your right mind. It looks like your left handed. So am I.

You cook looks very tasty. I bet the chicken was melt in your mouth. :P
  • Looks like a fine meal. I've made some good stuff when I'm cooking alone too.. Usually I make a nice Chèvre chaud salad w/walnuts, cranberries and a nice dressing I made up. Some of those in my family don't like the Goat Cheese so I can live it up myself.